Stupid In Love // Ieyasu Tokugawa

He could hear small footsteps coming closer to his manor. Her small feet appeared in his mind. He remembers the look of both their feet entangled in the morning as they both lay on his futon. The rising sun gleaming into the cracks in the curtains. A grin appearing after the pleasant thought.

A knock pushes the thought out of his mind. Ieyasu rushes to the door to be greeted by the most vibrant smile. This warms his heart and he opens his arms as the girl throws herself into him.

"I missed you," her cheek was pressed against his hard chest.

The sun shines through the curtains and onto his desk, but other than that, it's dark in his chambers. He has missed this little angel so much. Sometimes he forgets how to care for himself when she's not around.

He stands still, holding her firm against him. If it was possible, he'd stay by her side always and never leave under any circumstance.

"I was enjoying the peace and quiet."

She rolls her eyes at his blunt statement, knowing him all too well to fall for his games. He acts like he doesn't care but inside he's screaming for her touch. He loves the nonstop "bother."

"Stop grinning like that, Bean, you're making me wanna kiss you," he glares at her before turning away.

He has all kinds of "little" nick names for his girl. Bean, Honey Bee, Little Bear and when it's just them, Baby.

The small giggles that escapes her pink lips, put him on the edge. He doesn't remember the last time he's heard that laugh. This week had been awfully busy, so it's been the first time she's visiting his castle all month.

"So why don't ya?"

"Causes I enjoy making you suffer."

Before he could continue on with all his work, his little bear speaks up. "I was hoping we could do something together."

"I really am busy." He wants her to push the subject a little longer. He does that to her, makes her beg and beg even though he knows he'll give in.

"Baaaabe," the girl whispers.

The word, at first, was very foreign to him. He'd never heard anything like it before. He initially thought it was an insult when he heard her call him a "babe."

"I have work to do."

"But can't you make just a little time for me? For your girlfriend?"

"Why?"

"Because I'm your girlfriend?"

His expression lay blank as she thinks of how to get what she wants. On his desk lay dozens of papers, he's been hard at work. His futon isn't made and food dishes lay around from days ago.

"Because you love me?"

"Says who?"

His baby's jaw drops for a moment. After seeing this, his eyes widen, instantly regretting saying anything at all. The room suddenly spins as he sees the hurt in her eyes. And then it hit him.

He's never outwardly said he loves her. The love had been strong between them for months and months and yet it's only been her that has admitted to it.

How do I say this? He thought.

"Right, no I-I know," the pain in her eyes could rip his heart in two. He can feel her retreating. "I'm- I'll just go." She says like she has no other option.

Large hands grab her smaller ones. This action required no thought. Out of nowhere his lips crash into hers. It was a strong, desperate kiss. His hands make their way to her long hair, pulling the two bodies closer and closer.

"Don't leave," he whispers against her lips. Please, I don't want you to.

She could hear him gulp as he speaks up. "I love you." He doesn't give her a chance to speak because his lips are on hers again. This woman is the light of his life.

The rooms becomes silent. The words in his head couldn't be enough. A low sigh escapes his mouth as feeling of guilt engulfs him. Unintentionally he's broken her, and he hates himself for that.

When her eyes open, he blushes hard. His thumb gently brushes across her pink cheeks, drying her tear.

"I love you," she finally speak up.

"I love you," he replies.

Her eyes beg him for cuddles, a look he knows all too well. He loves, loves, loves cuddles, but he's never admitted to that either.

"I've always loved you, I knew the day I met you, I wouldn't be able to let you go." For the time being, he lets his walls down and only focuses on the girl in front of him, not his reputation or anything else that stood in the way before.

He pulls her into bed, on top of him, hugging her tightly. Their eyes connect and stick like magnets. Fire grows in his green eyes. He wants to tell her everything he'sbeen hiding.

"I'm stupid. I have always loved you. You're annoying and awkward at times ... but I love that about you and you're so shy and cute and innocent and.." he kisses her again before hiding his face in the crook of his lover's neck.

She feels him smile against her skin. All at once, the tension in the room dissipates. His calm breath steadies her once more.

"I love you so much Y/N L/N. Promise you'll stay by my side forever?"

All the happiness he brought her today was enough to make her heart burst with joy and love. "I will."

He kisses behind her ear, receiving a squeal. The sun has shifted behind the puffy clouds and the room becomes dark. He hums against her soft skin. Blonde hair tickles her nose as he goes in for another kiss. And another and another.

"Thanks, baby," he smiles against his favorite pair of lips.