CHAPTER 36

Orion conjured the waters of Atlantis into water vapour then cloud.
Into the cloud, he commandeered sixty thousand mermaid and mermen. He then went in with his brother Atlas.
Renie was in one of her sexual exploit when the tower of alignment indicated incoming hostilities.
Quickly, she abandoned the maiden she was humping and raced to the "crystal of sight".
The crystal of sight revealed a cloud whose characteristics was native to the kingdom of Atlantis.
It could only mean one thing,   Poseidon had sent the king of Atlantis to personally attack the moon.
With this knowledge, Renie raced towards Athena's throne room, she bypassed the usual formalities of meeting the goddess and threw herself into the throne room.
Athena was about to have Renie thrown out and flogged before the words from Renie's mouth froze her in her spot.
"Orion is coming, he's about to attack the moon"
Freya mobilized three hundred thousand women, she was well aware despite their numbers they were at a disadvantage not only were they dealing with a god, they didn't have Waya.
But disadvantage or not, the moon was her home, she would die defending it.
She was still in the middle of her thoughts when her sixth sense, the very same sense which had kept her alive this long asked her to look behind.
When she did, she was frozen in her spot. For standing in front of her was the goddess Athena in full silver armour. So beautiful and polished was her armour that it glowed in the dense atmosphere of the moon.
Freya couldn't help but smile, finally Athena had taken a stand to defend the moon.
Orion steered the cloud over the moon. Upon his command, sixty thousand mermaid and mermen fell from the cloud to the surface of the moon.
The moment their tails touched the surface of the moon, it transformed into legs.
Orion and his brother Atlas were the last to drop from the cloud.
From thin air, Atlas conjured an ice spear.
Orion almost laughed when he saw the moon's army, he alone could carve a path through them, then his eyes fell on her, his step mother, Athena.
"Formation" Freya yelled, her voice almost rang through the entire battlefield.
Almost immediately, the shield bearers locked their shields and fell to one knee allowing the archers clearance to fire at Orion and his army.
A few hundred mermaids and mermen fell to their deaths as arrows fatally penetrated them.
Orion pulled the string of his cosmic bow and six arrows manifested. He aimed it at Freya's army and released.
Like missiles the arrows flew, it's effect were catastrophic, for each arrow vaporized twelve feet of soliders.
With one blow Orion had killed over four thousand soldiers. And just like that Orion dismantled the defense of the moon.
Freya knew the time for formation had elapsed, this was an all out war.
She grabbed a horn and yelled into it, using it as a megaphone.
"This is our home and we will defend it to the death".
She wasn't sure if she was saying that to encourage the soldiers or herself,
"For the moon" she yelled.
A few soliders yelled in return.
"For the moon" she yelled again, more soilders joined.
"For the moon", this time all the soliders of the moon yelled in return.
Hungry to lay her hands on some mermaids, Freya grabbed her blade and charged towards Orion.
Orion quietly observed this before turning to his army.
"Kill all in your path"