CHAPTER 50

Freya knew the kraken was coming. She was present in the dungeons when Poseidon  revealed his intentions of obliterating Malabour.
She and her warriors had obviously been sent to Malabour to perish with the city.
The best course of action would be fleeing the city but there wasn't enough time.
She relayed this to the high priest of Athena and through his influence, was able to mobilize the city's army.
She had the children depart from the city. She knew her warriors and the city's army stood no chance against the wrath of the sea.
The best possible outcome was that they bought enough time for the children to safely escape the city.
So she, her warriors and the city's army took a stand at the beach with weapon in hand ready to defend Malabour to the death.
"Thank you for everything"  Waya expressed in gratitude as he prepared to leave the sun.
Ra took a curious look at the young god.
"You are the first god who has sought my help in complete selflessness".
Waya couldn't help smiling.
"But despite your courage and bravery, you will not survive the fight with Poseidon".
"If I had a penny for everytime I heard that" Waya joked.
"Goodbye Ra" with that, Waya the god of courage and bravery rocketed out of the sun and headed towards earth.
Freya knew there was absolutely no way she would survive a face off with the kraken.
All of her thoughts were of Waya. She wished she'd see him one last time before death.
"Commander" a frantic voice yelled behind her snapping her from her thoughts.
Instantly, she twirled.
It was  one of the watch men of the tower whom she has instructed to watch the sea.
"It's coming, the kraken it's coming" the boy rasped I horror.
Freya took a deep breath, death was close.
She took another deep breath to calm herself some more before roaring.
"Formation!!!"
Poseidon turned the water around them into some sort of screen so Athena could watch her people get massacred.
Athena watched in horror as the kraken approached the city.
The lesser creatures which accompanied the kraken arrived the beach much faster than the kraken.
With a nod of her head, the archer released torrents of arrows at the creatures but it made little or no difference for the creatures were enormous in number.
When the creatures came into fighting range Freya drew her blade and yelled.
"For Malabour"