IV

~~

~~

Nicki's P.O.V.

Sleeping while there was a demon lurking around her house was easier than Nicki thought it would be. She didn't trust Beyoncé, but Nicki did believe that their lives were now intertwined. Beyoncé couldn't smother Nicki in her sleep even if she wanted to.

Nicki was still having some trouble digesting the demon part of the entire situation. And she suspected she would forever be bothered that Beyoncé would know what she was thinking and it wasn't a two way street. Well, Beyoncé explained that it could but not until Nicki fully accepted their bond.

And the rapper didn't think that would ever happen.

The next morning when she woke up, her TV was still on with cartoons playing quietly and her house was quiet. Too quiet. Nicki laid there for a while, straining her ears to hear anything. Anything at all. But there was nothing.

Nicki pushed aside her covers and slipped on her robe and all but ran out of her room, and practically flew down the hallway to the furthest guest room she put Beyoncé in.

Nicki didn't even bother to knock, it was her house, but the room and the bathroom was empty. Nicki looked around before going downstairs and there was no sign-

"Good morning."

"FUCK!"

Nicki shouted, her heart stuttering and she literally jumped so hard her teeth clicked. Beyoncé had appeared out of thin air right next to her and the next time she did that, Nicki was going to knock her lights out.

"Sorry. I'll make some noise next time." Beyoncé smiled at her human, not sounding very sorry at all.

Nicki started to curse her out and call her out for doing it on purpose twice but stopped immediately. There was something different about the demon today. She seemed lighter. Not skin wise but appearance wise. Her black eyes were hazel, a beautiful mixture of honey brown and green. Her nails were still sharp but softer, and a little shorter and her tail was gone.

She still looked menacing but she also looked human! Nicki wasn't sure if she should be worried or relieved.

"Your tail is gone."

"Really? I didn't notice."

Nicki glared at her, "Why is it gone?"

"Would you rather me look like an actual creature from hell then?"

Nicki quickly shook her head, "Why the sudden change? You're never leaving this house."

Beyoncé's smile went away as she cleared her throat, and stepped closer and Nicki took one step back, "We never got a chance to talk about how all of this will work last night. Perhaps over breakfast, I can explain why that would be a horrible idea. For you."