XXIII

~~

Beyoncé's P.O.V.

When Beyoncé got back to their hotel, Nicki was already there and she wasn't happy at all and her mood was even more sour when she laid eyes on Beyoncé.

"And just where in the hell have you been, heifer?!"

Beyoncé swallowed nervously, quickly glancing down at Nicki's hands to make sure that they were empty, "I went for walk."

"A walk? Lookin like big bird, where'd you go??"

Beyoncé shrugged, taking off her yellow trench coat and draping it over the back of one of the living room chairs carefully to make sure the book her mother gave her didn't tumble out and kicked off her boots.

"I invited you to come a stadium and you could've walked there." Nicki narrowed her eyes at Beyoncé, "I'm pregnant not invalid, and you forgot to censor the bond. So who had you so irritated? Did you go see Lucifer again?"

Beyoncé raised an eyebrow, amused, "Can I speak now, my Queen?"

"Hurry up, peasant."

"You look beautiful," Beyoncé reached for her but got her hands slapped away, and she felt it. Nicki had always been a strong little midget but she had pregnancy strength that Beyoncé's been on the receiving end of for a while now.

"Don't change the subject."

"I'm not trying to I just got distracted by how radiant you look right now," she reached for her again and this time Nicki let her and Beyoncé pulled her close. "I love you so much, Nicki. I'd do anything for you."

"I know," Nicki mumbled against Beyoncé's shoulder, both arms wrapped around her back, "which is why I need to know where you went and why."

Beyoncé sighed and pulled away slightly, "I went for a walk. That's all you need to know, baby."

Nicki pushed her away, irritated, "Beyoncé I'm not gonna let you do stupid shit behind me."

"How is it stupid if I feel like I'm doing the right thing? What the hell is wrong with you? Do you wanna leave me and our child alone?"

"No! But I also don't want you suffering because I'm scared to die!"

Beyoncé smiled but she was far from amused or happy, "It's not about me, it's about us! And I can't even believe you're being thick headed about this."

"Are you calling me stupid?"

Beyoncé scoffed, too stressed to see the look in Nicki's eye, "Well if the shoe fits, you said it not me."

Beyoncé sighed heavily, eyes closed, "I'm sorry

Beyoncé sighed heavily, eyes closed, "I'm sorry. I'm just...I'm trying Nicki. You're four months along and...we're running out of time."

Nicki huffed, flipping her off over her shoulder as she went into their bedroom and slammed the door shut. Beyoncé groaned but gave Nicki a little breathing room. She knew Nicki had every right to be frustrated with her and she knew she should've said something about her visit with God.