IX

~~

Nicki's P.O.V.

"Get on the boat."

"No."

"I'm not standing here all day playin' with you. Get on the boat. Now."

"I said...no."

"We don't have time for this, get on the fucking boat. Please."

"No in English, no in Spanish, no in German, no in-"

"Stop."

Nicki rubbed her eyes tiredly and she wanted to strangle Beyoncé right now. It was 6 in the morning and she's been up since 4 getting ready for this trip to New York.

She was exhausted and all she wanted to do was sleep but Beyoncé was making that difficult.

"Why not? It's not that hard, Beyoncé just walk your ass up that ramp and it's over."

Beyoncé glanced at the ramp in question before her eyes drifted to the large body of water that was beneath it, and quickly looked away. "I politely decline."

"You pol...Beyoncé I swear to whatever," Nicki stopped, her stomach clenching tightly out of the blue and she recognized it as fear. She looked at Beyoncé questioning, "You're scared? For what?"

Beyoncé's jaw clenched, "I can't swim. If I fall in, there is no saving me. I will sink to the bottom and drown."

Drake, catching the tail end of Beyoncé's statement, chuckled, "Nah, one of us will save you. Here. This should help, keeps you from drowning."

Beyoncé took the bright orange life jacket from him, looking at it disdainfully and Nicki glared at Drake to get a move on. He was either oblivious or didn't care for the warning directed at him. He even took the liberty to help Beyoncé into the vest even though she didn't need it.

Nicki sneered at them both, mostly at him, "This is a private conversation, get the fuck on." Nicki wasn't jealous, she was just...annoyed. Yeah she was annoyed.

Yeah right.

Nicki ignored Beyoncé and continued to glare at Drake until he was out of her sight. When he heard that she was being subpoenaed back to New York and taking her yacht to get there, he jumped on board. Along with Wayne and Kehlani and Robyn.

Nicki had no idea why all these damn people wanted to be in her space all of sudden, yes they were her friends, but she didn't want to be bothered. Not with her current drama and she knew the only reason they were were tagging along was to peep out Beyoncé and not to morally support her.

It didn't occur to Nicki how much she liked having Beyoncé to herself until now.

"Nicki I don't wanna get on that yacht."

Nicki sighed, trying to tone down her frustration, "This should've been the first thing you told me, B. I would've flown us instead. It's too late to change the plans now."

"Hey!" Taraji yelled over at them from the deck of yacht, "We're late, get ya asses on board!"

Nicki held out her hand, frowning when Beyoncé took a small step backwards, demon my ass, she thought amused and got a harsh hiss in return.

"I could just teleport—"

"The sun is way too high and there aren't any shadows around here and you're stalling. Stop it."

"Nicki, the water-"

"Please trust me. I won't let you fall. We're a team, remember?"

Bey took her sweet time about but she eventually took Nicki's hand, holding it so tight Nicki thought she'd crush her bones.