X

~~

Beyoncé P.O.V.

Beyoncé was sitting between Nicki and Robyn at the dinner table on the upper deck, the sun was high and it was damn hot . If she wasn't so used to heat way more extreme than this, Beyoncé would've left the humans to their own devices a long time ago. Hungry or not.

Across the table was Kehlani, Porsha and Drake and Wayne was sitting at the head of the table and Taraji was sitting on the other end. They were having a late lunch, nothing special though.

But Beyoncé's stomach was on a prowl today.

"Nika," Rihanna leaned back in her chair to look at her friend around Beyoncé, "Yah don't feed El Diablo over here?"

Nicki smacked her lips, "I feed her plenty, her ass is just greedy."

Bey rolled her eyes subtly but she was smiling. Ever since her and Kahlani's bonding moment, and she told everyone the wild ass story of Beyoncé thinking she was the devil. It was a nickname that was passed from everyone for her.

El Diablo. Or just Diablo for short.

They had no idea just how right they were, but Beyoncé rolled with it. According to Nicki, having a nickname meant she was in. Well Porsha hated her existence still and Taraji was unreadable but she had her own nickname for her. Nightmare. Her own personal PR hell. And she never let up on it either.

"Aye..." Drake put a few more tacos on his plate, "So wassup with this Safaree thing?"

"Nothing is up." Taraji snapped glaring at him, "We ain't talking bout that. Ever. Moving on."

Wayne chuckled, "It don't even matter, they ain't arrest nobody yet they not ever."

Porsha sighed heavily and everyone knew some shit was about to start, even before she set her eyes on Bey, "So, Beyoncé, where you from?"

"Porsha, girl, I swear," Nicki started while Drake and Kehlani scooted her chair further away from her.

"I'm just asking, Nicki. We don't know her like you do, I'm just curious and probably asking what everyone's thinking."

"Don't pull me into yah mess," Robyn said around her food, "Ya was born alone an ya gonna die alone."

"It's alright," Beyoncé shrugged, "I'm from Houston."

"Oh, word?" Drake perked up and Nicki rolled her eyes at him, "I got friends from Houston, what part you rep?"

"All of it." was all Bey said and went back her food.

"Can't rep H-Town if you don't take the good and the bad." Lani nodded, "How'd you and Nika meet though?"

"By chance," Nicki cut in before Bey could answer, "We bonded over old jewelry, and the rest is history."

Porsha eyed Beyoncé suspiciously, and she was about to ask another question but the dark look she was getting from not only Nicki but Robyn too, she decided it was in her best interest to wait.

The conversation that went on after that was quiet and relaxing and Beyoncé was able to forget that her greatest threat, the ocean, was less than 30 feet away from her in all directions.

After a while, when a majority of the food was gone, everyone began to go their separate ways to hang out or take a nap until it was just Nicki, Bey and Kehlani at the table. No one noticed Porsha off to the side taking a sneak picture of Beyoncé before disappearing below deck.

Nicki popped a grape into her mouth, looking at her friend across the table, "How are you feeling, Lani?"

Kehlani shrugged heavily, slouching in her chair now, glancing at Beyoncé briefly. "I don't know