XIII

~~

Nicki's P.O.V.

After her...discussion with Beyoncé earlier, a shopping spree was exactly what Nicki needed. And not even those paparazzi scumbags could ruin her day. As usual Beyoncé followed her around and offered her opinion on outfits if Nicki asked her but the demon was unusually quiet.

Nicki eventually gave up trying to have a conversation with her, it was clear that Beyoncé's mind was still on Nicki's deepest desire and trying to figure it out and Nicki just wasn't going to entertain it, not today, and not ever.

But it's been an hour and a half and they were taking their bags, really Nicki's bags, back to her truck and Nicki was getting fed up. She waited until Beyoncé closed the trunk to confront her, and neither were paying any mind to the lone cameraman with the long Lenas across the parking lot.

"Will you drop the attitude?!"

"What?"

Beyoncé looked at Nicki as if she'd grown three heads and Nicki nearly smacked her for it, she didn't like to be made out for crazy.

"Beyoncé, don't 'what' me. You know 'what'! Look..." Nicki pinched the bridge of her nose, "I appreciate that you want to make me happy."

"So, why won't you let me?"

"Because I'm already happy!" Nicki all but yelled at her, being mindful that she was in a public setting and that TSR and TMZ were neck and neck with bad bullshit news and she was their current favorite topic.

"And if you wanna keep me happy, B, then you'll drop whatever it is you're up to."

Beyoncé stared down at Nicki for what seemed like the longest ten seconds in history before she nodded, but she didn't look happy about it. "Alright, if you say so. You're the boss."

"Yeah I am but I'm also your friend, Bey, and friends respect each other's privacy."

"So it's okay for you to ask invasive questions but it's not okay if I ask them right back?"

Nicki's mouth opened and closed several times before she scoffed, "I own you, I can do whatever I want. You, on the other hand?" Nicki reached inside of her bra and pulled out the bracelet that bound them together, "Can't. So start acting like you know what's what before we start havin problems!"

"Yes, but I thought we were friends Nicki, I was only trying to help-"

"We ain't gonna be shit if you don't learn your place. In fact, you've been gettin too damn comfortable lately." Nicki laughed humorlessly, "Don't forget why you're really here, Beyoncé. Until I say I have a problem, there is no fuckin problem round here. I don't want you giving me the world, I can do that my damn self. And I have! So when I say jump," Nicki's hand tightened around the bracelet, "all you need to do is ask; how high."

"Nicki, I'm-"

"You're what? Sorry? Don't be sorry, be careful. Last night didn't mean anything, you're a demon, Beyoncé. Something from hell, and if I wouldn't die with you, we wouldn't be standing here right now."

Beyoncé blinked, eyes wide as they darted between Nicki and the bracelet. Then her expression became unreadable, maybe she did push the subject too hard. Maybe she wasn't pushing hard enough.

But Nicki was right...she was getting too comfortable, with herself and this human. She let their bond go beyond her own limits, and she expected too much. And like last time, the wound stung deep. It's only been a short time, but Beyoncé felt...sad that she wasn't important to Nicki as she was led to believe.

Some heir to Satan's throne.

"If you need me, Onika. Really need me, I'll know."

Beyoncé eased around the short human and went around the vehicle to the passengers side. And Nicki followed but there was nothing there. And Nicki's fear and anger quickly disappeared and her words finally registered as she looked down at the bracelet clutched in her hand.

~~

Merry Christmas y'all, have fun and be safe...but damn, can it be over already.

Also, yeah I said the drama will be around them but I couldn't resist just a little bit

Also, yeah I said the drama will be around them but I couldn't resist just a little bit. 👀😅

So, Nicki. She buggin or nah? Lol. Idk. I made her the bad guy here. They were too perfect so...🤷🏾‍♀️🤣

TBC...✌🏾✌🏾