XXIV

~~

Nicki's P.O.V.

Nicki was glaring at Beyoncé who was laying next to her, happily asleep and comfortable as she could be. It was currently 2 in the morning and they were in the air, leaving the country yet again. Nicki was on a break from her tour and they were flying back to London to attend a fashion event and have a little time for themselves but Nicki was having the worst time sleeping.

She had one of their pillows gripped tightly in her hand, contemplating making Beyoncé suffer so she wouldn't be suffering insomnia all alone but as her arm tensed, ready to swing. She stopped.

Beyoncé needed this sleep. After all the stress she'd been putting herself through since the reaper visited, she needed this sleep. And ever since Nicki agreed to marry her, Beyoncé showed her the mark on her arm again and it faded but it wasn't completely gone.

Not until they make it official, but it had Beyoncé in better moods and Nicki was relieved. She was nervous about taking half of the throne of Hell but she wasn't as scared about the thought like most would be. Call her crazy but Nicki was actually a little excited about it.

Nicki pushed covers aside and pulled on a robe over her naked body and quietly left the room. One of the flight attendants, Becky, or whatever her name was, set her phone aside and was about to get up but Nicki quietly waved her away.

"Sit down, girl and relax, I need to do something before I go crazy."

"Yes ma'am, if you need anything just call for me." Becky smiles, going back to her phone.

Nicki turned on the lights in the kitchen and pulled down a mug from the cabinet, thankful they were low enough for her to reach. She didn't have the time or energy to be climbing up on the counter like a child.

She watched the numbers on the microwave countdown and the listened to the machine humming as she flipped the package of tea between her fingers idly. Her engagement ring glittering even with the dim lighting in the kitchen. Beyoncé had..well Nicki didn't know where she got it from but she knew it was priceless and Beyoncé probably pulled it out of her bag of tricks.

Nicki reluctantly took it off when she was in public or wore gloves until she was ready to make the announcement herself but she needed to tell her family first, more specifically her mother

Nicki reluctantly took it off when she was in public or wore gloves until she was ready to make the announcement herself but she needed to tell her family first, more specifically her mother. And that's what had her nerves on the fritz.

She would like to say she didn't know why she couldn't sleep but she'd be a whole ass liar. She hadn't seen her family in who knows how long, since she made it big? Maybe a little bit beforehand and she was nervous about going back to New York to see them. She was about to a bombshell in a week on her instagram account and she felt that it would only right to inform her mama in person first if no one else.

Unlike her though, Beyoncé was looking forward to meeting her mother. She was curious about her much to Nicki's mild annoyance but she appreciated the support none the less.