XIV

~~

Nicki's P.O.V.

3 days...

It's been 3 days since Nicki blew up on Beyoncé in the parking lot at the shopping center and to make shit worse, TMZ and TSR were having a damn field day with it.

Whoever said a picture was worth a thousand words wasn't lying and given the fact that Nicki has been spotted without Beyoncé at her side for the first time since they've been tog—bonded, only fueled the fire. Nicki knew that she left her fear, and insecurities manifest into anger.

Nicki's house never felt so empty until now and she's been fielding texts and calls from her friends lately. They've been wanting to know where their Diablo was and Nicki didn't have an answer. Not for them or for herself.

She tried to leave he damn bracelet home once, and had to turn around and get it before she had a damn heart attack or a stroke in the backseat.

3 days.

And Nicki was irritated with everything including herself. And the only solace she could find was at the studio. Her second home since her actual home was a tomb of loneliness.

Currently she was in the study burning through sheets of paper working on a song that's been rattling around in her head all night. She could hear the piano keys in her head but the words weren't coming to her. Nicki sighed pushed the papers away and Kehlani looked up from her phone.

She had been the only one brave enough to actually join Nicki in the studio today while she was in a sour mood. She wanted to give her friend the support she'd always given her when she went through her break up with Kim. Kehlani wanted to know where their mutual friend was, but knew better than to ask.

Yet.

"Need a second pair of eyes, Nika?"

Nicki, who had her face buried in her hands, shrugged carelessly. And Kehlani took that as a yes. She put her phone up and walked over to the bar where Nicki was sitting at and picked up the sheet at the very top.

She read over the few lines that were there and weren't scratched out with frustration.

I can be selfish

Yeah, so impatient

Sometimes I feel like Marilyn Monroe

I'm insecure, yeah I make mistakes

Sometimes I feel like I'm at the end of the road

Kehlani stopped and set it down, looking at her friend sympathetically, "You wanna talk about it?"

"If I did, you would know by now."

Kehlani bit her tongue, holding back her smartass retort, she remembered being this vicious when she and Kim broke up. "Maybe you should, it might help-"

Nicki sucked her teeth, "Jesus, first Beyoncé now you. I don't need to talk about shit. I just need for people to stay out of my business and do what I tell them to do!"

Kehlani's eyebrows shot up at Nicki's outburst, "Nicki?"

Nicki sighed heavily and shook her head, "Nothing, Lani," Nicki got off her stool and began packing up all of her stuff, "I'm just tired."

"Yeah, you've been at it for 16 hours already." Kehlani watched her move around the studio, "Is Diablo okay?"

Nicki stopped what she was doing momentarily, too quick to notice if one wasn't watching her like a hawk, "The hell if I know. She ran off and act like she can't call or text nobody."