XVI

~~

Nicki's P.O.V.

"B?" Nicki called as she walked into the living room, dressed and ready to head out to the studio. But she was surprised to see that Beyoncé was sitting in the corner of the sofa tucked beneath a blanket with a bowl of cereal, watching court TV.

"Yeah, Nik?"

"Um," Nicki turned on the room light and set her purse on the arm of the sofa, looking thoroughly confused, "I thought you were going to the study with me today?"

Beyoncé shook her head, eyes drifting between her and the TV, "No, I'm going to stay home today. Okay?"

Nicki did her best to check her expression and her tone and just smiled, "Yeah, B, that's fine."

It really wasn't, their bond was still closed off for the last week or so, and Nicki was still feeling the distance between them even though Beyoncé had forgiven her and stayed with her again.

But she was sleeping in the guest room, which was really Beyoncé's room technically speaking, and Nicki knew she fucked up and she was trying to make amends now that she was given the chance to do so. But Beyoncé wasn't making shit easy.

Nicki knew her words cut her deep, but she didn't realize it until now.

"I have to get going, um..." she was really trying not to feel awkward and unwelcome in her own damn house, "Do you have any requests for dinner tonight? I can cook or order take out?"

Beyoncé shrugged, she was really making an effort but they really had been a lot of truth behind Nicki's words and her anger had been genuine and it would take Beyoncé awhile to fully trust Nicki again.

"Take out sounds really good."

Nicki's smile softened a little, "Special requests?"

"I'm fine with whatever you order, Nik."

Nicki rolled her eyes and picked up her purse, "If you think of something shoot me a text before 10 tonight, bye B."

Beyoncé just hummed around her spoon full of cereal, attention back on the drama unfolding on family court.

~~

Instead of utilizing her studio time to lay down more tracks, Nicki was venting her frustrations about her...relationship, whatever, to Kehlani and Robyn.

Robyn shrugged, breaking off another piece of chicken, "Well whadya expect, Nika? Yah tore her heart to shreds. Food an' a mediocre breakfast meal ain't shit. Tuh. If it was meh, I woulda left yah ass on read."

"What she said." Kehlani offered Nicki a more sympathetic ear, "Actions speak louder than words, Nicki. Nothin is gonna go back to how they were. Things were said, feelings weren't considered and were hurt...you're lucky she ain't come and kill you in your sleep for that."

Nicki scoffed, waving off their statements, "She'd be killing herself honestly."

"Dat attitude is waht got yah ass in trouble." Robyn pointed her half eaten chicken leg at Nicki, and the rapper looked at them both in disgust.

"I don't know what else to do!" Nicki yelled at no one in particular, throwing her hands up, "I opened up to her, I apologized and I'm trying!"

"Okay," Kehlani sighed heavily, "Lemme ask you this Nicki, what's Beyoncé's favorite color?"

"Next." Robyn said around her chicken when Nicki didn't immediately answer.

"What's her favorite food?"