XXVI

~~

Beyoncé's P.O.V.

Nicki was fast asleep and ever since she's been pregnant, she's been sleeping a lot heavier lately and it was both a nightmare and a dream for the demon. Currently, a blessing because she was able to slip out of the bed undetected and she pulled on a fresh pair of sweats and a sports bra.

Those pregnancy hormones were a bitch and Beyoncé felt her thighs burning last night. It's been 3 months since they went to New York to visit Nicki's insidious mother and 3 months since they officially confirmed everything. Their relationship, their engagement and the fact that Nicki was expecting.

Nicki was trending and of course there were always the haters, criticizing her for 'shacking up with a (unproven) (highly suspected) (smug as fuck) murderer' and they were mostly coming from the Cardi B clit suckers.

They hated Nicki so much they went to the Walmart version of her.

But Nicki's real fans, the Real Barbz were happy for their Queen. Supporting both her and Beyoncé and even if they didn't particularly like Beyoncé they kept quiet about it.

Nicki was eating up the attention like she was born to do and often dragging Beyoncé into the limelight as well.

Beyoncé turned on the living room TV, being sure to keep the volume on low and went into the kitchen to find a snack...or a five course meal because even at 7 months pregnant, Nicki wore her out.

Beyoncé was in the process of making the most bomb peanut butter and jelly sandwich at 3 in the morning when she felt the hairs on her arms and the back of her neck raise.

She didn't even have to look behind her to know who it was.

"What do you want?"

"Congratulations, it looks as if things are going well for you, Beyoncé. The reapers are backing off of her soon to be wife, your child is good and healthy...I am proud of you."

Beyoncé was thankful her back was turned because the cheesy ass smile would not be hidden, "Right, you could've text me all of that. What do you want?"

"I've spoken to your father."

At this, Beyoncé did stop and turn around to look at her mother, "Talking between you two results in a full fledged fight but you look fine. I take that he's missing a few pieces of his pride then?"

God nodded, "You would assume correctly."

Beyoncé raised an eyebrow, "I'm all for him being knocked down a few thousand pegs but why are you here telling me this?"

God sighed and moved to sit on the counter behind her, "Beyoncé I'm going to be honest with you, my dear. I never believed that you'd ever tap into your potential that's your bloodline. I believed you to be just like your father."

"Selfish, egotistical, disrespectful and a bastard? He's the devil what did you really expect from him?"

"You and I both know that creatures from hell are nothing but fallen angels too far strayed from their paths to be redeemed but they were angels first."

Beyoncé turned back to her sandwich, not wishing to get lectured so early in the morning, "Okay, but what are you doing here?"

"When you braved through the pain of stepping into the church to save that young woman in there...I knew then that your purity was balancing your darkness finally."

Beyoncé stopped but didn't turn around.

"You gave her a baby. Even when you yourself are not sure. You protected her heart from day one and yet, when you came into the strongest church you could find. I knew."