VIII

~~

Nicki's P.O.V.

"Onika Tanya Maraj..."

"Yes that's me."

The officer handed Nicki a blue pamphlet, "You're being subpoenaed ma'am to appear in court at the appointed time for the murder of Safaree Samuels."

Nicki took the subpoena and tossed it aside on the foyer table behind the door, irritated, "Okay whatever. Did it take all of you to deliver the damn thing?"

The cop cleared his throat nervously, "Given your high profile ma'am, we needed an official witness of the delivery. Failure to appear in court will result in your arrest for contempt in the courtroom. Do you understand, ma'am?"

Nicki sighed heavily, "Yeah, I understand, make sure you close my gates on your way out." Nicki slammed the door shut, and glanced at the subpoena again. Damn. She really didn't wanna show up but she wasn't about to be thrown in jail for a few days either. She'd call Porsha later and her PR Agent, Taraji.

Nicki made her way upstairs to Beyoncé's bedroom and saw her curled up in on the middle of the Queen sized bed, looking peaceful and snoring happily.

Nicki wanted to slap the shit out of her but instead she stood at the foot of the bed with her arms crossed. It's barely been a month and she could write a novel or two on the pros and cons of having a demon for a shadow.

And have a single and ultimate rule; keep them on a short leash.

Nicki was way in over her head, and her only option out of the situation wasn't ideal for anyone. She needed help but who the hell would help her without locking her ass up in the nuthouse?

Nicki crawled into the bed behind Beyoncé, resting on her side, practically hovering over the sleeping woman and began playing with a strand of blonde hair and leaning her head on her propped up hand.

"What am I gonna do with you?"

"...learn..." Beyoncé was still fast asleep yet somehow she was still able to answer Nicki, maybe she was just one of those types of sleepers.

Beyoncé rolled over and forced Nicki to change her position before she ended up uncomfortable for who knew how long. Now Nicki was laying back against the plush pillows, with Beyoncé using her breasts as pillows and holding her tight around her waist.

It made Nicki temporarily forget how dangerous she actually was. But didn't that make Nicki just as dangerous? The rapper pulled the bracelet out of her cleavage and tossed it across the bed.

"My life is a mess." Nicki stared up at the ceiling, one hand still caressing Bey's hair, "I've been betrayed so many times in my life...by my family, friends...lovers...when is all this shit gonna end, B?"

As expected she didn't get an answer in return, she sort of hoped, but it was just her snores. Being at the top was her only part of her endgame but being alone during it all was never part of the plan.

Beyoncé held her tighter and snuggled into her breasts more, mumbling but Nicki didn't catch what she said.

Take care of me and I'll take care of you.

"I thought you were here for my pleasure?"

I am. I'm yours until the end Nicki, I will be here when you need me.

"But?"

Beyoncé grumbled sleepily, warm breath tickling Nicki's sensitive skin. We're a team, Nicki. I will always balance you out, support you, catch you...I just need you to remember to appreciate me.

"Do demons even have feelings?"

Only my kind and few others.. We value the importance, and never take advantage. It is an honor I will cherish yours as long as you do the same..

"From now on I will. But I'm gonna be holding you to all of that, B. I don't like my feelings being played with. Don't you dare betray me, because if you do I will end you...even if I have to go to."

I'm tired...and I feel sick.

Nicki snorted, rolling her eyes, and one of these days they might get stuck, "You fucked up last night, B. But if you fucked up that means I did too." Nicki could admit that letting an irritated and starving demon loose on the city wasn't her best idea. "I...we can't afford that. So...I'm gonna keep you on a shorter leash. Lay down some rules, you got that?"

Beyoncé nodded her head sleepily, slowly shifting out of her human form. "Mmm."

"Never thought my life would be this damn weird."

Nicki felt sharp nails on moving across her stomach beneath her shirt before they finally stopped on her rib cage, just below her bra. Frisky drunk ass demon.

Sing to me, Nicki.

Nicki closed her eyes and got comfortable, preparing to take a cat nap herself. She began to hum a song, only time, by one of her top favorite singers Enya.

They only got through a quarter of the song before they were both knocked out.

~~

When Nicki woke up a few hours later, she and Beyoncé had changed positions. Bey was now completely on her back and Nicki was wrapped around her completely like a spider monkey. The room was darker now, and the house was eerily quiet but Nicki wasn't worried. Her demon was right here and not lurking around giving her heart attacks.

She must've been more exhausted than she realized, because it was late and she was starving but she couldn't bring herself to move just yet.

Nicki looked up at Beyoncé who was still fast asleep, and Bey smiled a little in her sleep and snuggled further into the bed.

She reminded Nicki of a cat. With very sharp teeth and claws, but a cat nonetheless, probably a psychotic one if she let her out the house again unsupervised. Nicki leaned forward and kissed her demons chin, watching Bey's smile grow a little more, before untangling herself and going downstairs to cook dinner. Or order some Chinese food.

~~

Fluffyyyyyy chapter. I like fluff.

I'm never gonna stop thanking y'all for the continued votes and comments. So be prepared to see it all the time. It's just really encouraging, so...

Was a short chapter.

TBC...