十三

Jeongguk was still wide awake, staring at the ceiling above his bed with no purpose, feeling the dried up tears in the corners of his eyes every time he blinked

He hadn't slept in over 48 hours and can't seem to fall into the familiar unconscious without Taehyung beside him anymore.

It's been 3 days since he left with just a text message and since then he hasn't got a minute of sleep in.

Rolling around, trying to get comfortable, he starred at the junk scattered across the floor of his bedroom, spotting the notebook Taehyung left his autograph in, feeling those stupid tears rise to his eyes yet again trying to escape.

Everything, just everything had to remind him of Tae, huh?

Trying to distract himself he reached over to his phone, wanting to check the time.

He sighed upon seeing 4:13am flash up on his screen, getting extremely bored of the dark and night in general.

Gguk used to be very much nocturnal and also not get a lot of sleep in during the day but since he lived at Tae's for a while, he actually enjoyed drifting off to dreamland, snuggled up in Taehyung's warm and calming embrace.

Just then was when he noticed a single tear drop rolling down his cheek, quickly patting it off with the back of his hand.

'Stop thinking about him so much.' he reassured himself in his thoughts.

Gguk hadn't talked to Taehyung since sending him a last text that all of this media coverage about their -- incident -- was his fault for being so careless and giving the idol an obvious hickey.

He deinstalled kakao talk the next day, just wanting a distance since he couldn't even look at Taehyung's profile picture without sobbing. He did the same to twitter as his notifications got more than overwhelming, reaching from angry fans to even news reporters asking him for interviews on their 'affair'.

The only person who he really communicated with was Jimin via call, who also found out about Tae and him through news reports and bombarded him with questions about 'why he wouldn't tell his best friend forever and ever about this' but also was quick to console Jeongguk upon him explaining the current situation.

He also visited his mom, trying to get his mind of everything, who luckily didn't see anything about the news since she wasn't the most fond of idol gossip.

Jeongguk took the phone in his hand again, groaning as only 2 minutes have gone by and he couldn't even use social media to distract himself from the world and loneliness surrounding him.

He snatched his handphones off the nightstand plugging them in and going to put on his lullaby, 'Without' by Taehyung.

-- why does everything good in life have to do with Taehyung?