二十五

❝ A story has no beginning or end: arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead

A story has no beginning or end: arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead. ❞

-Graham Greene, The End Of The Affair-

Jeongguk sat in his office space, his hand moving calmly over the paper as he continued to sketch out the little creature, a mix of a bunny and a tiger as he was requested to do.

He recently took the job of an illustrator for kids coloring books as it on one side furfilled his desire to draw and expand his knowledge of arts and on the other side made little precious human beings happy to color in his little self sketched creations -- the job was just made for him.

Gguk just started to carefully outline the cute floppy ears of the so called 'tigerbun' as he was shaken by the sound of the loud doorbell going off, almost slipping with his outliner which would have meant he had to start all over.

Sighing in relief that his drawing was unharmed, he got up, strolling over to the door rather hurriedly but getting haltered in his steps.

"I'll get it, baby!" He heard the muffled tone of Taehyung's voice through the thick wooden door of his office that was sheltering him perfectly to sink into a deep mindset of creativity for a lot of hours at a time.

He walked out anyways, pushing on the heavy door, and peeking into the hallway, directly at the door as he watched Taehyung unlock and open it.

"Taehyung!!" he heard a high pitched squeak, seeing his little sister appear in the door way jumping up into Taehyung's arms, his mother standing infront them, glamourous makeup on for the first time in ages.

"Hyeree! Miran! Weren't you suppose to come in 2 hours?" Jeongguk looked at Taehyung holding his sister in his arms, feeling butterflies rush through his stomach -- it's really a sight he loved.

After a few seconds of rather weird staring, he made his way to the door as well, Hyeree spotting him in an instant and jumping out of Tae's arms to run to him.

"Ggoogie!" She jumped into his arms, her brown hair tied into a ponytail and wrapped with a light blue bow and bouncing around as Jeongguk lifted her up and twirled them around.

Two years had already passed since Hyeree got more or less abducted by her own father, almost taken out of the country far away from her mother and brother she loves so dearly.

They all did make a fairly quick recovery, their mother still remaining incredibly overprotective of her little sunshine though.

As for Hyunwon, his father -- after a battle in court for the custody of Hyeree, he bitterly lost, getting multiple charges pressed against him, Gguk finally finding the courage to speak about the mental and physical abuse he endured, finally being able to get him jailed for good.