Florist

Camila's  POV

I grumbled for the hundredth times this day.

"Do you really have to go?" I asked my mother who's busy checking her phone. My mother turned her head to look at me unimpressed.

"Of course." She said before going back to typing away on her phone.

I rolled my eyes. Oh well my Mom got a call from her long lost friend back in highschool, that she is in town. And according to my mother is  my godmother. Well that said godmother decided to asked my Mom if she wants to come along with her to the mall to catch up, which my mother happily agreed to go into.

And that leaves me here.

My Mom owned a flower shop five blocks away from our house. She really loves flowers, and me too. I like the flowers, the beautiful little thing with different colors and different meanings. I like them. But not the people who buys them. They usually go in our shop to stand, and stare awkwardly at all the flowers contemplating what to buy, and then asked how much and when they got an answer? They would throw a fit. Will grumbled and complained how much expensive it is. Then walked out.

And don't even let me start with the caller's.

Caller's are the worst. Very, very, worst. If you asked me. My unforgettable memory of a caller is, there was this man who called our shop to get a bouquet of red roses. So I made the bouquet and make it super perfect, but when he came around to get his flowers he started yelling. Why? Oh he keeps saying that he orders white roses not red. I could swear to every God out there that he ordered red roses on the phone. So I just make a new bouquet to stop his whiny ass of being late or something I didn't care about. That man even threatened me that he's not going to pay. Arghhh.

I didn't go back to that flower shop since.

And now here I was.
Beside my mom, on the passenger seat waiting to be dropped off at the flower shop that I would open and manage for the day.

I didn't even agreed on doing this. When my mother gave birth to me I didn't said to her 'hey mom I'm gonna be your best florist when you go out with your friends' I didn't signed up for this! I grumbled again. Making my mother huff beside me.

"Mija, this was only for today, and don't complained. You go home from your university at New York to visit us, to have a vacation, and you know that here, there's a flower shop waiting. You're an adult. Now don't be grumpy and stop being dramatic." My mother said. That just makes me more whiny may I tell you.

I got out from the car and my mother slide the passenger window open. "Be safe! Don't let your clumsy self break any vases! Te amo!" My mother said then driving away.

"Right now I don't love you mom." I said dragging myself through the pathway towards the flower shop. I stop at the front looking up at the sign board. I smiled. At least she named it after mine and my sister's name. 'Sofia & Camila flower shop' and speaking of my sister she's at my abuela's house eating all the delicious food while I'm here. I sigh.

Oh well wait until you grew up Sofi, you are taking over mom's business.

The sun is already down when the bell at the top of the door dings signaling me of a costumer walking in. I look up from the book I'm reading opening my mouth to welcomed the person that enters our shop but the words died on my throat when I saw the person.

Oh well can you really blame me? Her eyes is so blue and all. And oh my God she's smiling and I can see a dimple coming to life. I think I just died.

A voice brings me out of my thoughts. Oh God Camila get yourself together. I scolded myself internally.

"What? I'm sorry can you repeat what you just said?" I asked the girl feeling my cheeks heating up. Stupid cheeks stop it!.
The girl smiled before speaking. oh God she's so charming.