Minhyuk || Heartache

[Your POV]

[Your POV]

"That's alright. Do not cry
It can be painful. It is alright.
I remember that day I regret sending you off
Actually I want to forget you
It's not good even if I try
I love you
What I want to say last
You have to be happy
You have to be"

You sit in front of your screen, tears running down your face. You feel the pain seeping through the screen.

Minhyuk broke off the relationship between you two after you had a falling out.

-Flashback-

"[Y/N], are you okay?" He has a concerned look on his face.

Minhyuk came back from work late as per usual, but to find you still up. You're usually asleep by the time he's back and still asleep when he goes to work in the morning.

You give him the silent treatment for a few moments while Minhyuk situates himself on the other end of the couch, trying to be as cautious as possible to not upset you anymore.

"Minhyuk-ah," you pause and continue to advert your eyes away from his.

"You keep promising you're going to be around. You promise to call me, to text me at the very least. But you never do. You never even send me random pictures or selcas. You used to love to send me messages and I used to love to receive them. But you're too damn busy. You forget about your own girlfriend. Do you even still love me?" Your voice gradually raised and thickened throughout your spiel.

"[Y/N]-ah..." Minhyuk's voice cracks. "I didn't know you felt this way. I'm sorry I never listened to you wanting to speak to me. Me being tired and exhausted these days is no excuse. I love you..."

"I tried long and hard to express how I felt. I sent you messages and tried talking to you when we both were home and awake and when you were around. But you kept brushing me off. I know you want to stay positive and be happy all of the damn time, but life is not like that! I have feelings and emotions. God, I can't believe I let this go on for so long..." you started off heated but started to mumble toward the end.

"[Y/N]...maybe...maybe we should break up. Obviously this isn't for the best. I don't want you to suffer anymore because of me. You deserve better."

You sit there for a few more minutes on the couch with your head resting on your knees and your arms wrapped around your legs. The silence between you two feel make the few moments feel like an eternity.

You eventually get up and pack your essentials into the bags you have and leave. You don't have much anyway.

You go to a hotel that night and eventually move in with one of your best friends. You mourn in silence and try to continue on with your life, but it is difficult.

-Flashback end-

[Minhyuk's POV]

I have been extremely busy over the past couple of months, but I started to plan a trip for me and [Y/N] as well. But then I came home one night to [Y/N] staring off into space on the couch, not looking happy.

It was difficult seeing her like that because I only want happiness for her. But I didn't realize the pain I was causing her. I know I had started to slack, but with the new album and other projects we were working on, I had no time to think about anything else. I wanted to spend more time, but I had to focus on everything ahead of me.

Starship Entertainment didn't want us to speak about our projects to anyone else in case it slipped out into the world. I wanted to tell [Y/N] so badly about these projects because I found them to be exciting, and I knew she would be excited for me, but I couldn't. Plus, these projects were on my mind, so of course they were the main things I wanted to talk about.

A lot of time that was left over was being spent on the secret trip I was planning for us, so of course I couldn't talk about it with her either. I wanted to tell her about it so badly as well, but it was a secret so I couldn't tell her. I was planning that trip to make up for the little time we spend together, so I was hoping the few days on my days off would help rejuvenate our relationship.

I ended up cancelling the trip after I broke up with her. I wish I didn't break up with her. I was being irrational. I should have talked it out with her, but I was exhausted and burnt out. I wasn't thinking and it was late at night. I should have slept on it. I should have talked to her more before all these issues built up. I have so many regrets.

It's been a month since we broke up and I am still in deep pain. I loved her. I still love her.

I tried to forget about her, as in engross myself in work as per usual, but I'm constantly brought back to the thoughts of her. I just want her to he happy. She deserves all of the happiness in the world.

So I decided to sing a song and post it to the YouTube page. I have no clue if she will see it. We haven't spoken since that night. I wanted to give her space and she seems to need the space. I wonder how she's doing.

Wherever you are, [Y/N], I hope you're happy. I love you. You will always have a special place in my heart and I will never forget you.

-------

[A/N]: ahhh I started to write a happy ending but some chapters are meant to be closed after sadness. It reminds me of how some relationships aren't meant to be and it reminds me of my own personal experiences.

I watched Minhyuk's cover once awhile ago and I watched it again before writing this story and argh my heart! His voice is so so beauiful and the lyrics spoke to me! I was going to write a happy chapter but the lyrics inspired me to write this. He deserves more lines (so does Hyungwon). We love our vitamin~ he brings so much positivity into this world and deserves so much ♡