Kihyun || Birthday

Requested by hyphyJessica18

You knock on the door and literally one second later, the door whips open where you come face to face with Minhyuk.

"[Y/N]! I'm glad you made it."

You told Kihyun that you wouldn't be able to celebrate his birthday with him, which saddened him. But that was only a diversion. Shownu and Jooheon told Kihyun that he would go get dinner with him, while the rest of the members stayed back so they could help you decorate the dorm with you.

Minhyuk embraces you in a tight hug, making you short of breath.

When he hears you gasp for air, he breaks away, concerned for you. You take deep breaths, trying to recover from the hug.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!"

"I-I'm okay," you heave out.

"Try not to kill the poor girl. She's an important part of this surprise," Wonho says.

You manage to give both of them a smile before heading deeper into the dorm.

You place the cake that you bought on the kitchen table and look around. Nothing has been set up yet, and you only have an hour to set up.

"Did you guys really not start to set up yet?!" You chastise the members.

"We got sidetracked..."

"By what?"

"Uh, video games..." Changkyun scratches the back of his neck.

You just shake your head at them and get started. The rest of the members follow suit. Minhyuk puts some music on so you don't set up in complete silence.

You end up talking about your days with the guys as you set up, as you haven't seen them in awhile.

The guys make you laugh for 2 straight moments at one point, which turns into a laughter fest between all of you, but then you hear your phone ring.

As you answer, you try your hardest to not laugh, but you burst out laughing.

"[Y/N]-ah," Shownu hisses. "We're about to leave. Are you guys almost done?"

You look around, thinking about how you still have a few more things to do.

"We're almost done. We got everything under control. How long until you get here?"

"About fifteen minutes."

You turn serious, and say your goodbyes to Shownu.

"Okay everyone! T minut fifteen minutes. Let's hurry up!" You yell at the guys.

You rush to get the final touches and turn off the lights before getting into position. You wait in the kitchen with the cake and lit candles, nervous to see your boyfriend.

You hear the door unlock and everyone quiets down, and you hear Shownu ask why the lights are off and where everyone is.

Then Hyungwon turns the lights on and the guys yell, "Surprise!"

Then they start signing "happy birthday," where you appear from the kitchen.

Kihyun's face is priceless, as he is in shock to see you at the dorm.

You smile widely, happy that the surprise was a success.

You tell Kihyun to blow out the candles and make a wish, and he follows suit. Shownu takes the cake and Kihyun embraces you, happy to be in your arms.

"[Y/N]! I can't believe you surprised me!" Kihyun smiles at you.

"I felt so sad that I had to lie about this all, but I wanted to surprise you! This was a lot of fun though!" You grin back.

Kihyun gives you a brief kiss before looking around the dorm.

"Wow, you did this all?"

"Well, with the help of the rest of the guys. We managed to do this all in an hour. The guys were supposed to start before I got here, but they didn't, so I'm suspense we did it all."

"I'm sure it was because you did most of the work," Kihyun chuckles.

"When I'm here, they listen," you laugh. "When you're around telling them what to do, not so much."

You smirk at Kihyun, and he pouts, saying, "Hey! That's not true!"

"You know it's true."

Kihyun only shakes his head and you smirk.

Shownu distributes pieces of cake and all of you sit in the living room, talking and joking around, having a fun time celebrating Kihyun's birthday.

-------

It feels like it's been awhile since I've uploaded. But here I am!

I'm on spring break which is nice :) I don't really have to worry much about schoolwork. But I took my midterms last week and I'm scared for my grades lol