Lost in the Dream || Kihyun

[Kihyun's POV]

[Kihyun's POV]

When morning comes, you disappear every time
I pray every day (that this isn’t a dream)
That when we fall asleep again (that you’ll come into my arms)

After I lost you, who was my everything
My feelings created this fantasy
It ties me up even tighter, drawing me away from you

As if I’m falling, it buries deep inside of me
Dream, call me, you, catch me, you

Kihyun reflects on the nights you went to sleep next to him and the mornings he woke up, watching you sleep before he headed off to work.

He stares out the window of Starship Entertainment's practice room on the second floor into the night sky.

He can't fall asleep at night anymore, as he wonders what you're up to.

He contemplates what life would be like had you stuck around.

Kihyun glances at the time and sees that it's 3AM, but he still isn't tired.

He goes back to softly mumbling the lyrics to Lost in the Dream.

-

[Your POV]

You are angel that fell from heaven right into my heart ♡

You read those words, but they feel so foreign to you.

You think back on the memory associated with those words.

Kihyun drives you to your favorite restaurant to celebrate Valentine's Day. He holds your hand while driving with his other. When you arrive, he tells you to stay in the car and walks around the car to open the door for you.

He holds out his hand and you put your hand in his, smiling at him. You don't break eye contact, as his gaze is so mesmerizing.

He closes the door behind you and locks the door, then wraps his arm around your waist, as you do the same to him.

You enjoy a nice meal together, where your heart is full and happy. He sprinkles compliments throughout the night, and towards the end of the night, he hands you a letter. You open it up and read the letter, not breaking the smile. Kihyun watches your eyes move back and forth across the letter, reading every line. It makes him happy to see you smile.

You look up into his loving eyes, thanking him for a nice meal and kind words.

The two of you go home, where you are greeted by a bouquet of red roses in the front hall with another sweet note. You ask where it's from, and Kihyun tells you that he had Minhyuk drop it off.

You still have the letter because you associate them with such a kind person. A person who treated you right for the first time in your life. Someone who treated you like a princess. But you felt like you didn't deserve him.

Someone so kind, so humble, so loving. He was the most loving person you have ever met, who loved you when you didn't love yourself.

Your doubts eventually overcome you, whereas you could never imagine loving someone when you couldn't even love yourself.

You felt troubled being with someone when you struggled with loving him. He loved you, but you struggled with loving him. Furthermore, you struggled with loving yourself.

So how could you love someone when you couldn't even treat yourself right?

If felt so good to be loved. It felt so right to be accepted by someone. But you came to realize that you needed to work on yourself.

So you decided to leave Kihyun.

He begged you to stay. He adored and loved you. He told you that it was fine that you struggled with loving him, as relationships are difficult. He loved you, and that is all that mattered to him. He reassured you that the fact that you wanting to be around him meant that was love. That you adored him for being humble, kind, talented, and charming means love.

He always made you happy, but you never felt the over exaggerated feelings you thought you were supposed to have. That is what got to you.

So you made your decision and left. However, you never knew about the huge hole you would leave in Kihyun's life.

He wasn't ready to leave you, to give you up. He wanted to fight for you, but he was saddened that he didn't fight harder for you to stay.

The last thing he said to you was, "I'll be waiting for you. I'll always be here for you, waiting. I don't think I'll find a girl like you again, [Y/N]."

It's been 6 months since the last time you talked, which is when the two of you broke up.

You sigh, breaking out of your thoughts. You go back to cleaning your room, placing the letter back where you have kept it, in it's special spot in your drawer.

You have worked at loving and accepting yourself, and you have started to come around to accepting how beautiful and amazing you are.

You wonder what Kihyun is up to, wondering if he's still waiting around for you.

Probably not. He probably has moved on from you.

But through self-acceptance, you haven't forgotten about him. You wonder if he would accept you back into his heart.
-------

[A/N]: Inspired by my own life.

Should there be a part 2, or just leave this to be angsty as hell?