Try Again

Ascella's POV
I walked through my door and smiled.
"Hi, Ella!"
"Hey, baby!" I picked up Zara, "You ready to go?"
She nodded and I let her down as she grabbed her bag, "Bye bye, daddy!"
"Have fun at the Zoo, sweethearts!" He called from the bathroom.
"We will." We said in unison before walking out the door. It's been a week and a half since I talked to Enzo...
"You excited to see the animals?"
"Yeah!"
"What animals do they have in DC?"
"Mommy hasn't taken me to the Zoo there yet."
I raised my brow, "What?"
"Yeah, she's really busy."
I nodded and pulled into the Zoo parking lot. We got out and I held her hand as we approached the gates.
"What's your favorite animal, Ella?"
"Hmm, I like...birds."
"What kind of birds?"
"Um...pretty ones."
"All birds are pretty."
"Exactly." I smiled, "What's your favorite animal?"
"Lizards!"
"Really? Why?"
"Because they're like dragons!"
I laughed and we walked deeper into the Zoo. We passed by the penguins but someone caught my eye. Enzo stood there with Maya and Tanner was in a stroller. I could feel my heart break, even if we haven't been talking, we haven't officially broken up either...
Zara pulled me a long and smiled, "Look, Ella!" Her voice caused Enzo to turn and make eye contact with me. I looked away and followed Zara.

After the Zoo, I put Zara in her room after she fell asleep in the car. Then I sat on the couch and watched TV.
"How was the Zoo?"
"It was...it was good."
He sat next to me, "You sure?"
I nodded and smiled weakly. He kissed my head and we sat in contented silence. There was a sudden knock at the door and dad answered it.
"Is she here?" Enzo's voice came from the doorstep. I got up and looked at him. He looked like a lost puppy.
"Ascella-"
"I see you've made your choice."
"No, no I didn't."
"I told you, Enzo! I told you that if you had to choose between me or them...I would leave you."
He shook his head, "You don't mean that.."
I sighed and nodded, "I do...I do."
"So that's it? You're breaking up with me?"
"Yes! Yes. I'm breaking up with you."
He looked away and nodded, "Alright." He turned and walked back to his car. I watched him sadly before Dad came up behind me and closed the door.
"You did what was right..."

WARNING: slight SMUT
The next week, it was reaching Halloween and Zara was back in D.C. I walked out of my last class and went to catch a bus, but then a car pulled up. I looked as the window rolled down to see Rafael Barba. This caused me to smile, hop into the car and look around so no one could see me. He drove and we made it back to his apartment.
"What can I do for you, Rafael?"
He looked at me for a moment before kissing me. I felt relief and lust roll over me.
"I missed you, Mi Reina."
"I missed you too, Papí..."
He moaned gently and planted wet kisses on my neck, causing me to laugh.
"You've missed me that much, huh?"
He picked me up and carried me to his room. I landed on the bed and watched him take off his jacket.
"Rafa..."
"Yeah?" He paused, breathing heavily. His crotch was pressed flush against mine. I moved closer and sat up, looking at him with my chin on his tummy, "I love you."
He smiled, "I love you too." He cupped my chin and ran his thumb over my lips. I took the chance to catch his thumb in my mouth, sucking it and teasing it with my tongue, as if it were-
"Fuck, Ella!" Rafael whimpered gently and palmed himself through his pants. Rafael knew I wasn't ready to give him oral yet...but he still enjoyed my mouth somehow. I released his thumb with a small pop. He smiled gently and pushed me against the bed.
"You're very naughty right now..."
"Maybe Enzo taught me some things..."
A sudden darkness filled Rafael's eyes and he pinned my wrists gently, "Oh really?"
I felt wetness pool in my panties, "Yes."
"Is he better than me?" He trailed his lips on my neck.
"N-no." I stuttered.
"No what?" He nipped at my skin, causing a gasp to escape my lips, "No, Papí!"
"Good girl..."
He dry humped me roughly, nearly bringing me close to climax. Rafael dominating me was not anything new, but it's been pretty long since we've been intimate. Enzo and i were intimate during our relationship, but not as often as Rafael and I. I should've read that sign...maybe I should've just left Enzo after finding out about his ex and kid...No, no that's horrible. I'd be so cold hearted. However, seeing a man long for an ex isn't anything new. I know my dad still wants Maria and I'm scared he might try too hard to have her back...
"Ella? You okay?" Rafael lifted his head from my neck. I looked at him and nodded, "Yeah..."
"Tell me...Habla conmigo." He whispered, kissing my lips chastely.
"If...you could get back with an ex, would you?"
He stopped and got up, causing me to follow. He sat at the edge of the bed and sighed, "I think it's time for me to tell you some more things about me, Ella..."
I nodded, sat behind him, and wrapped my arms around his tummy, "Go ahead..."
Rafael placed a hand over my entwined ones, "I was fresh out of Harvard...back in New York and staring a paralegal job in the Bronx. I was dating on of my oldest friends. Her name was Yelina. I was head over heels for her and she was my first in...anything really...but I guess her feelings for me died slowly. I came back from work one day and found another close friend of mine-"
"Alejandro?"
"Yeah..."
"And Yelina was cheating on you with him..."
He grew silent and I turned him to me, "Rafael...you should have stopped me from going to Enzo. Told me no. Rafael, I shouldn't have left."
"Ascella, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. But to answer your question, no. I wouldn't go back to her."
I looked down at his hands and nodded, "From now on, it's just us...you and me. I won't date anyone else but you, Papí..."
"Ella-"
"I don't care. I don't care if I'm young and have my whole life ahead of me, I want you and I would never dream of cheating on you. Even if we come from two different worlds, I've never felt closer to someone since-" I stopped, rubbing his cheek, "Since Oliver Kingsley."
The room was quiet. It stayed like that until Rafael kissed me, "Fuck, I love you. Ti amo, Ti quiero, te adoro..."
I laughed gently and laid back, continuing our business.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
IM SO SORRY ITS SOOOO SHORT AGAHHAGAGA BUT MERRY CHRISTMASSSSSSA WOOOHHHOOO