Let Go

Ascella's POV
I sat quietly at my table, waiting for Charlie to wake up. That guest room has been used a lot more than I remember. Well, maybe that's because it used to be an office where my dad would look at case files and Maria would take calls from her superiors overseas when she visited home. I sighed and drank more coffee before seeing Charlie walk in. He sat down next to me and ran a hand through his hair.
"Coffee?" I asked before he nodded graciously. I got up and got a mug for him before pouring some from the pot.
"I'll just take it black." He muttered, placing his head down on the table. I nodded and set the mug next to him whilst taking my seat again. My phone was the only thing able to preoccupy me as we sat together with a slight awkwardness. No one spoke for a good few minutes before Charlie had finally lifted his head and took a big gulp of his coffee.
"Ah, fuck." He muttered as he ran a hand through his hair. I looked at him before heading to the fridge and looking for something to eat. His footsteps approached and he leaned against the counter.
"How you doing, Amaro?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes, not bothering to look up at him.
"Better than you, Mr. Harris."
"Mr. Harris? Who am I? The mayor?"
"Far from it." I stood and snacked on some grapes. Charlie are some with me and we stood quietly in the kitchen. He then moved to his coat where his phone was a sighed.
"I haven't been doing a good job with my branch. Stocks already went down." He put the phone down and stood in front of me. I was staring blankly before his chest got in the way and caused me to look up at him.
"What's up, Amaro?"
"Nothing really, I'm just tired."
Charlie nodded and ran his fingertips along my arm, which was wrapped around the bowl of grapes. He pick one out and popped it into his mouth before pulling me closer, the bowl giving us a good distance away from each other.
"What are you doing, Charlie?" I whispered. He smiled and pushed hair behind my ear.
"I just miss you..."
I rolled my eyes and pushed him away, "You're gonna have to miss me more then." I put the bowl back into the fridge and walked back to the table to check my phone. He sighed and followed me, placing his hands on my hips.
"Please, Ella?" He placed his head on my shoulder. I put my phone down and pushed him off lightly.
"Not a chance, Charlie."
"Why not? 'Cause you're sleeping with your boss?" He laughed, "You can't be that loyal."
"It's not what you think. He-"
"Cares about you? Jeez, Ascella, I thought you were smarter than that."
I walked passed him back into the kitchen, "You don't know him. And you don't know me. You and I haven't talked in a while, things have changed." He grabbed me by the arm, then the waist and turned me around.
"C'mon, Ella...he's just another guy. You're 19 years old, you should be doing something else with your life."
"Like what?" Ascella furrowed her brows.
"Transfer to Harvard!" Charlie insisted, "I'm pretty sure there's still that open spot left for you. You're really gonna stay for a guy that's 20 years older than you?"
I pushed him away harder and scoffed, "I didn't stay for him! I stayed for me...and for my dad..."
Charlie shook his head, "See? For your dad? Really? Ascella, he didn't need you to stay for him."
"And what about you, huh? If I weren't still here, you'd be beaten to a pulp."
"I was beaten up because you stayed and got Hank attached to you."
"I never wanted him to get attached to me! I..." I hesitated, "I..."
Charlie grabbed my hand, pulling me along with him. He sat on the couch and I stood before him.
"We're still teenagers...we're supposed to be reckless..."
I shook my head, "I don't have the luxury of recklessness, Charlie..."
He smiled, urging me down to him. I placed my hands on his chest so I couldn't get any closer.
"Stop it, Charlie...I know what you're doing..."
He chuckled and grabbed at my waist, lifting my shirt up slightly. I moved away from him, fixing myself.
"I said stop." I insisted more urgently. He shook his head and sat back.
"You're really that loyal, huh?"
I nodded, not looking at him. His footsteps got closer and he barely touched me.
"You're seeing him tonight, huh?"
I stayed silent, but he grabbed my shoulder tight, "Tell me, Ascella."
"Y-yes. Yes, I am..."
A sudden darkness came over Charlie, I could feel it in the way he touched me and talked to me. Shivers ran down my back as he ran his hand down it. It stopped right before my butt and he leaned in and whispered.
"I have access to all of Nash's files...I've seen all that he's recorded from his little spies while looking after you. You go to his apartment a lot. You're not even careful about it..."
I tried to move away from him but he grabbed my hip to hold me close. I felt my whole body go rigid but managed to turn my head. Charlie smiled slyly before leading me to the couch again.
"You don't hate me...do you?"
I shook my head and sat on his lap, not able to control my body.
"I won't tell if you won't tell..." he whispered. I gasped as he wrapped his hand around my neck, which caused my instincts to kick in immediately. I pushed myself off of him, causing his nails to scratch at my neck. I bumped into the wall, holding my neck.
"Ella-"
A knock came to the door and I glared at him before opening the door. My dad stood there with Liv and Barba. I swallowed harshly, trying to keep the tears in my eyes as I let them in. Charlie still sat in the couch, waving to them. I went into the kitchen and finished washing the few dishes there were in the sink. Charlie sighed before getting up.
"I should go. My phone is blowing up and I'm losing money."
I walked up to Rafael with a mug, "It looks like you haven't had any caffeine today." I commented. He smiled and reached for it, but noticed that my hands were shaking. I placed it in his hand before getting a mug for my dad and Liv. They looked over the file carefull and muttered thanks.
"Why are you all here?"
"Needed a rest stop and I have another file in my room."
I nodded and watched as Charlie walked out, dialling on his phone.
"Need a ride?" Nick asked, but Charlie shook his head.
"My chauffeur should be 'round soon." He moves through the kitchen to me, "Thanks for saving my ass, I owe you. Wanna get dinner and catch up?"
I looked away before shaking my head.
"No, I'm good."
He furrowed his eyebrows, "Cmon, you know I'm paying. And-"
"No."
Everyone looked at us, hearing the hostility in my voice. Charlie messed with a pack of cigarettes he had in his pocket.
"You're funny, Ella."
I looked away, "Fuck you."
He stopped, "What?"
"Fuck you, Charlie." I moved passed him, "You're so fucking pretentious."
"Ella-"
"A few minutes ago you were being my friend and then you started to guilt trip me and blackmail me and now you expect me to have dinner with you?!" I got his coat from the closet as he followed me and threw it at him, "I should've let Hank beat you to a pulp."
He tossed the coat aside and grabbed my arms, causing me to struggle and pull away.
"Let me go! Let me go!" Sobs took over my voice, "Fuck you, Charlie!"
"Listen to me!"
"I did! And we always end up in the same fucking place!" I pushed him, which caused me to fall to the ground in front of the door. My body shook as I cried, "I can't do it anymore...I can't be around you anymore, Charlie..."
"Why not? Because I'm not Olly?!"
"Because you're trying to be Olly! And I don't need anymore reminders of how-how disappointed he'd be in me now!" I sat up and looked at him, "He's gone. And I don't want every thought about him to hurt me, but you can't seem to get over it. You can't let go! And when I'm around you, I have to think about him! Or else you'll go fucking crazy again and I'll be on the floor!" I sniffed, "It always ends that way between you and me, Charlie..."
He looked at me for a moment before picking up his coat and walking passed me to the door. Before he walked out, he spoke.
"So that's it then?" He waited for me to answer, but I looked away. He let out a scoff, "Fine."
The room became extremely silent after he slammed the door. I looked down at my hands, but someone grabbed my arms to help me up. I expected my dad, but I looked to see Rafael.
"I've got you..." he whispered. I hugged him with no thoughts and regrets on my mind, which caused him to hug me back.
"I've got you."