2.2

"Catie." Alyssa jumped on me and I groaned.

"What." I answered, opening my eyes and seeing Brendon and Sarah standing in the doorway.

"It's Christmas you have to come downstairs and open presents." Alyssa explained sitting on my lap and facing me.

After a second of confusion, I remembered that last night was indeed Christmas Eve and we were all wearing matching Christmas pajamas.

"Merry Christmas, Cate." Brendon hugged me tight, and kissed the top of my head.

"Merry Christmas." I mumbled into his chest - still half asleep.

"Merry Christmas, baby girl." Sarah gave me a side hug. "There's a coffee for you on the table."

"Thank you." I smiled, and hugged her."

"You guys are taking forever." Alyssa groaned, and grabbed Brendon's hand to drag him down the stairs.

"Can we take pictures please." Sarah asked, sipping on her own coffee as she handed me one.

"But Sarah I wanna -" Brendon started and Sarah held a finger to his lips.

He kissed it lightly, and Sarah continued talking. "Bren you're the adult here." We all laughed.

Alyssa and I stood in front of the Christmas tree, trying to get a picture that would make Sarah happy. We couldn't stand still for a picture of us just smiling so we were laughing in most of them, or one of us sitting.

"Here." Sarah set up the self timer and propped it up somehow - I still don't know how she did it. "You have ten seconds."

We all raced in front of the Christmas tree. It really was the perfect picture. Brendon and Sarah stood behind Alyssa and I - arms wrapped around each other. Brendon had his hand on my shoulder and Sarah's hand was on Alyssa's shoulder. My arm was wrapped around Alyssa's shoulders, and her arm was around my waist.

"Okay go ahead." Sarah waved us off to open presents and sat on the couch.

We opened our stockings first, they were filled with candy, and gift cards. There were some Bath and Body Works lotion/perfume sets. Then some face masks, and fuzzy socks.

I got a few John Green books, that Brendon promised I would have time to read on tour. A couple of board games, and card games. I also got some stuff for my room, like some fairy lights, throw pillows, and Brendon set up the Apple TV in my room which was part of my gift. I got some clothes as well, some new Vans, skinny jeans, and some Calvin Klein sports bras - which I'm totally probably just going to wear with shorts and sleep in every day. Lastly, I opened a new wallet, which Brendon made me promise I wouldn't lose.

Alyssa and I went up stairs to put everything away in our rooms while Brendon and Sarah made breakfast. I arranged three of my new throw pillows on my bed, and left the other two on the couch. I opened all of my gift cards and put them in my new wallet, then throwing that on my desk. I placed my books on the nightstand next to the couch, then I put the board games into the little door part of the nightstand, the door part of the nightstand by my bed was still empty, but I didn't see the need for board games by my bed. I put away my clothes in the closet, and organized my bathroom with the new lotions and stuff before heading back downstairs.

Alyssa was still in her room, but she got more toys and stuff, so she probably got distracted putting them away.

"I'm really happy." I stated, taking my usual seat at the island.

"Yeah?" Brendon rose an eyebrow at me and was smiling. "It's my job to make you happy so that's good."

"No like really." I said, and Sarah turned to face me, watching Brendon make eggs out of the corner of her eye. "Like I'm just so happy to have a family this year, and it's like, I know my mental state isn't always the greatest, but even just being here I've noticed changed and I don't have to like try as hard to be stable - if that makes sense."