6.5

We finally arrived at the venue, and we had to go around back because of guest list. But we got let in and we met up with Tyler and Josh in the dressing room.

"Cate!" Josh yelled, running to hug me. "Are you excited?"

I nodded, "This better be the best show of your life." We both laughed and I sat next to Jenna as other people did their greetings.

"Cate, how have you been doing? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever when it really hasn't been that long."

"I'm good." I promised her, but she seemed to have doubts.

"Catelyn." Tyler asked me, out of everyone I knew, he probably called me by my full name more than anyone else. "Are you gonna watch from side stage or go out."

Before I got a chance to answer, Brendon butt in, "Side stage. Pit probably will be too much."

I wanted to argue with him for not letting me answer, but that's what I was gonna say anyways. "Yeah probably side stage. Is that what everyone else is doing?"

Tyler nodded, "I just figured you might want to go out."

Brendon asked Alyssa and I if we wanted to go walk around the venue, and we both said yes. Tyler made sure we had the All Access badges so we would be good to go.

We went to the very top first.

"This is crazy." I looked over the balcony to the stage, and down to the pit which would soon be full.

"Kinda scary." Alyssa leaned over the same place I did, but then stepped back.

"Isn't it?" Brendon had this big goofy smile as he leaned over, pointing out different things about the set. "You see, those yellow lines will mark where security goes to make a path for Tyler to walk to the other stage."

We explored the rest of the venue, from the floor seats to barricade and touching the stage from pit.

I want to go to a concert of a band I like that I don't know. I just experienced the excitement of waiting in line and coming in and singing without knowing them and just being a fan.

But I also know that Brendon or Sarah would have to take me, and regardless the show they would be pretty recognizable probably because it's about the same fan base.

We headed to the back room where pizza was delivered, and Sarah, semi crushing my good mood, reminded me I had school work to do on the car ride home.

It really wasn't a long ride home but LA traffic is insane.

Time passed, and eventually Tyler and Josh had to go out for the show. I stood side stage with everyone else.

Crowds cheering was always my favorite.

I sang along to the songs I knew, and watched the flower petals fell from the ceiling. Fans at the barricade were crying, I couldn't blame them.

"How is everyone doing?" Tyler asked, and everyone screamed back at him. "Tonight is a special show, some of my favorite people are backstage." The crowd yelled. Somebody yelled asking who it was. "It's a secret, until somebody post about it." He joked. "Okay, ready for the next song?"

The song started and the crowd went crazy.

Smithereens was my favorite song, it was right after the walk down the middle and you could see the crowd from a different angle. 

Tyler came back side stage during the Truce karaoke. We told him he was doing a good job and he chugged a full thing of water and breathed for a second. Josh wiped sweat off of his face, and soon enough they had to go back out.

I yelled for them along with everyone else when they played their final song and the confetti poured from the ceiling.

Twenty One Pilots concerts are a whole different experience from Panic. They were both great just every thing was so different.

I wouldn't hug Josh after the show, he was too sweaty, but he locked me in a hug anyways.

We talked for a while about the show.

"My favorite song was Smithereens." I told Tyler when he asked me.

"That's usually my favorite too." He smiled, and glanced at Jenna.

Sarah eventually said we had to leave and we have our final goodbyes for the night.

"Nice to meet you guys." I smiled to Kellin as I hugged him and then Katelynne and Cope.

"You too, sweetie." Katelynne smiled.

I pulled out my laptop as soon as we got in the car, before anyone could tell me to, and started to work on homework so I could be done before we got home.