3.4

Today was my birthday, and we were in St. Louis. Miraculously enough, nobody had woken me up at the crack of dawn, because when I checked my phone it was 11 am, and my notifications were already going crazy.

Brendon and Sarah had already made their various birthday post, each filled with pictures of me and captions saying nice things about me. I had been tagged in post by fans on Instagram, and on twitter many fans had made me their profile pictures.

I climbed out of my bunk, only to be picked up and hugged by Brendon.

"Happy birthday, Cate!" Brendon yelled, kissing the side of my face and swinging me around.

"Okay, ow." I laughed, as he swung me to the side. "Thank you."

Sarah and Alyssa both hugged me, not being as dramatic as Brendon, but just as sweet.

A plate of pancakes sat on the table, a candle stuck in the middle of them.

Brendon obnoxiously sang happy birthday to me. And let me say, for some one who's job is to sing for people, he could sing pretty terribly if he wanted to.

"Wow thanks that was great for my ears after I just woke up." I gave Brendon a side hug as he took the candle off the food.

"Love you." He kissed the top of my head as I ripped apart pancakes.

Alyssa climbed onto my lap, and kind of started eating my food, but I didn't even care at that point.

"What are we doing today?" Alyssa asked Brendon, leaning on my chest.

"We don't have as long as I expected because somebody decided to sleep in." Brendon teased me, messing with my hair.

"Hey! It's my birthday I can do want I want." I protested.

"Yeah, yeah." Brendon laughed. "We're gonna go to a chocolate factory thing."

"Happy birthday." Zack hugged me as he came out of his bunk.

"Thanks Zack." We did our little hand shake that we had made up.

"No fair I want a handshake." Brendon whined.

"Okay, come here." I answered.

"Wait I don't trust you." He laughed.

"I'm making a handshake." I made him put his hands by his side. "Okay now we're gonna close our eyes." I closed my eyes and waited until he said okay to open them. "Now put our hands flat out."

"I don't wanna accidentally hit you." He hesitated, and put his hands out slowly.

"Then we're gonna lift the left one and ..." I kinda trailed off, as I smacked his face, not super hard, but hard enough.

"Hey!" He yelled, and I ran through the bus, opening the back lounge entrance and hiding in there, "get over here." He hit me back, granted way lighter than I hit him, more like tapped my face.

"That's rude." I whined, going back to the kitchen to finish my food.

"Yeah, yeah just get dressed."

"Where'd Sarah go?" I asked, ignoring him.

"She's just finishing getting ready in the bathroom. I know you like Sarah more than me but you're fine for two seconds." Brendon laughed.

"Yeah you're right, Sarah's my favorite." I decide, laughing as Brendon lunged at me for the 2nd time that day.

"Get dressed." He said, resuming to the kitchen to finish whatever he had been making Alyssa.

I put on light wash ripped skinny jeans, with the black and white P!ATD hoodie, and my black and white checkered vans.

"Alright I am dressed." I announced going back into the living ish area where everyone else was dressed.

Brendon had on his black skinny jeans and a plain white t shirt with his white tennis shoes. Sarah had on light wash skinny jeans with a black sweat and plain black heeled boots. Then Alyssa had on a yellow and white striped shirt that tied in the front with black leggings and white vans. We ended up leaving the bus at about 12:30.

We took an Uber to this place called Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate. (a/n everything i'm about to say about this place is what i remember from when i lived there a while ago, so some things may have changed.) It somewhat reminded me of our Hershey's Chocolate World adventure, but less commercialized about 100%. But this one you were like in front of all the machines, the best way I can describe it is that one Curious George book, if I'm being honest.

We took about 1000 family pictures in front of everything, and with our tour guide. Then we left. By the time we were done it was only about two, and Brendon didn't have to be there until like 5. We decided grabbing food was our best bet, then looking for something based on that. But Sarah decided we should go to the city museum, so our plan for a sit down meal was cancelled, and the McDonalds drive through it was.

"If you two don't stand still." Brendon lightly threatened as he tried to take me and Alyssa's picture in front of the sign.

"Sorry!" I apologized, trying to fix my hoodie. "Okay."

The museum was actually fun. I didn't think I was going to like it because it seemed like too much history for me maybe. But it was actually fairly interactive and had interesting stuff and not basic pictures of random old guys.

We arrived back at the bus at about 4:30, Brendon rushing to get dressed to be ready for sound check.

Even though I had slept for like 10 hours, I was exhausted, so I went back to my bunk and took a nap. But Zack, bless him, woke me up before Panic! went on, so I resumed my usual spot and Zacks feet watching Brendon perform.

"So as many of you know," Brendon strolled across the stage, and I saw Zack pull out his phone, "I have two daughters, Catelyn and Alyssa. And today is Cate's birthday."

The crowd cheered and I laughed nervously as Zack looked down at me.

"Cate can you c'mere so we can sing to you?" He asked, and I pressed myself up, walking to him.

"No you're gross." Brendon tried to hug me as I stood next to him.

"Mean." Brendon laughed. "Okay so I'm gonna count to three and we're gonna sing ready?" The crowd cheered and Brendon counted down.

I am some deformed shade of red, smiling as the crowd sings.

"Thank you, everyone." I said into Brendon's microphone, trying to stop the anxiety building in me.

"Love you Cate!" He yelled after me, picking up his water, and settling into the start of This is Gospel.

I got to see the pictures that were taken briefly while walking to the bus, but once we reached the bus I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the couch.