prologue

PROLOGUE. 

"Want to see a trick?" Wade said, trying to fix the awkward silence. He and his daughter never got to hang out, since her caretaker was pretty overprotective. But, of course, she was - with everything Ellie went through - she needs to be shielded from this awful fucking world.

Wade and Ellie were sitting on the swings at a nearby playground. Ellie only looked at her hands, her feet gently kicking her back and forth. He didn't realize it, but Wade was doing the same thing.

"Sure," Ellie shrugged, giving a small smirk and waiting for something.

Wade turned in his swing and yanked out a small knife. While holding a small breath, he quickly pulled the knife through his finger, completely cutting it off. "Ow." He said quietly, trying not to spoil the surprise for Ellie. 

He turned back towards his daughter and stuck his finger out, having a little bit of trouble keeping it on steady, considering he just cut it off. "Pull my finger."

"No, that's stupid," Ellie said, giving a weird face. Good. She didn't know. 

"Just try it," Wade pleaded, hoping he didn't cut his finger off for nothing.

Ellie - only nine, yet Deadpool's biggest fan, reached a small hand out and lightly pulled. When the tip of the finger popped off, Ellie screeched and threw it on the ground.

After remembering Deadpool's powers, she began to giggle. This made wade laugh as well, and before long, the two were cackling on the swings.

"Don't try that one," Deadpool laughed, glad he finally found a way to warm up his daughter.

It was then when Wade realized that he wouldn't just cut off his finger for this little girl, he would do anything for her.

_________

SEVEN YEARS LATER.

Eleanor Camacho poured an extra sugar packet into the coffee cup

Eleanor Camacho poured an extra sugar packet into the coffee cup. It wasn't sweet enough, and she knew that the drinker would scrunch his face in disgust if she didn't add the packet. She smiled softly at the thought of it and watched as the white sugar dissolved into the warm, brown coffee. She grabbed a stirring straw and stirred the drink around for a moment before taking another sip. Perfect.

An excited yell rang out from outside of the coffee shop. Ellie turned her head to the window to see a little girl smiling and pointing at the sky. Right on time. Eleanor gently thanked the barista and exited the warm building and stepped into the slightly cooler air.