chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE. NEW AND OLD FRIENDS.

"i made you a tiny pot," ellie greeted peter with a small pot in her hands. peter didn't see her coming, so it took him by surprise when he turned around and saw the small girl beaming up at him. she was a little shorter than her peers - not by a lot, but just enough. peter smiled at the tiny, white pot in her hands. "it's technically called a pinch pot because you pinch the corners and stuff. but i thought i'd make you one, because it reminds me of you."

"me?" peter chucked. "why me?"

"it's small and white," eleanor replied. "kinda like you, even though you're taller than i am." 

peter laughed, taking the cute little clay object and gently placing it on the top of his locker where it wouldn't get crushed. he even closed the locker door softer than usual just in case and turned to his cute girlfriend. he leaned down and gave her a small peck on the lips. "thank you, i think."

"you're welcome," ellie shrugged, still smiling. "it can hold your keys, or maybe...small...soap."

before peter could reply, he was cut off by a blonde girl. she yelled out a, "hey, eleanor! nice pot." she didn't stop walking, but it was enough to catch ellie's attention.

" she didn't stop walking, but it was enough to catch ellie's attention

"thanks, bobbi!" ellie smiled back before turning back to peter.

"small soap?" peter gushed, grabbing ellie's hand and walking with her to their class.

"you know...maybe like those little soaps they give you at hotels..." ellie suggests, swinging their arms back and forth. "or maybe a little succulent." they finally arrived to their class, AP English, and stopped when they noticed the seats were in a different position.

"find your seats, please," mrs. mckinley asked nicely, giving ellie a nice smile. mrs. mckinley liked ellie, she always tried in her class - and passed. she knew ellie wanted to have a future in english, so she always expected the most from her. also, ellie was a sweet girl. she never had any problems with her, and never expected to have any problems. every one of her papers were stellar, never short of amazing.

ellie and peter walked in separate directions, trying to find their new seats.

the couple didn't mind too much that they wouldn't be able to sit with each other. they weren't the annoying couple that had to spend every waking minute together - especially since peter was always out stopping crime and saving lives.

ellie found her seat and sat down. as she did, she noticed a new name beside her - one she had never heard of before.

ellie ignored it and grabbed her notebook out of her backpack. she took out her pencil and a colored pen, like she always did.