chapter three

CHAPTER THREE. THE FAIR.

"so what're you thinking first? high swings? super slide?" peter asked, shoving his money in his pocket and turning to ellie. the pink sky felt perfect to the two. ellie loved that word: perfect. it described this night amazingly. it was a perfect night with the perfect boy. soft music played in the background as the two slowly walked around together, hand in hand.

peter watched as her eyebrows furrowed and deeply thought. a small smile washed on his face. she was so cute. she always had trouble choosing things, no matter what it was. she was incredibly indecisive. 

eleanor nodded once she came up with a decision. "what about the high swings? they're so relaxing — "

"eleanor!" an annoying voice screeched from across the park. the two kids turned around to see flash running up to them. the older people were staring, wondering what was wrong with this kid who was pushing past people, but most of the kids from midtown high paid no mind — they were used to flash being loud like this. "penis parker! how're you two doing?"

"flash," ellie scolded, putting a finger up. flash stopped immediately, his face right in front of her upright finger. his eyes were glued to her finger and peter swore he saw flash gulp. peter almost laughed as the intimidation on flash's face. ellie's finger didn't falter. "no."

"sorry, sorry," flash said, his hands raised in surrender. "so what's up? ready to ride some rides and puke our guts out?"

"flash, we're trying to have a — " peter was only cut off.

"i was thinking 'death coaster'. have you seen it? people who ride it throw up, pass out, and throw up again! looks sick! no pun intended, of course," flash laughed, dragging eleanor and peter towards the ride.

"flash, ellie and i just want to — " peter was cut off again.

"shit. i forgot, the ride is for two riders anyway. who wants to sit out? i'll ride twice, i don't care." flash asked, turning to the two.

"flash!" ellie interrupted the older teen. "listen, if i ride with you, will you leave peter and i alone?"

flash shrugged. "sure,"

ellie nodded. "okay, fine. one ride, i swear to god." she turned to peter. "one ride? please, baby, it'll all be over in 2 minutes max."

"who's max?" peter laughed at his stupid joke, then nodded as eleanor gave him a small smile. "go ahead," he smiled, even though he was upset that flash was once again dragging ellie away from him. just like when they first met.

"be back soon," ellie kissed peter's cheek and walked towards the huge ride.

"dude, i'm so excited! this ride was highly anticipated!" flash laughed, practically jumping in excitement. 

"flash, you promised." ellie said, gulping.

"what?" flash asked.

"when this ride ends, leave pete and i alone."

"hey, i'm the best at keeping promises. swearsies." flash replied, chuckling.