chapter six

CHAPTER SIX. TWO HOURS.

eleanor and quentin walked down the hallway. ellie had a book on the human psyche in her hand, holding them to her chest and laughing as she and quentin spoke about the night at the fair.

"so lemme get this straight," quentin said. "from the top."

"from the top," ellie nodded. "okay, go ahead,"

"you rode a rollercoaster that you hate with a guy that you hate - "

"i don't hate flash," ellie interrupted. "he's just a lot to handle sometimes, especially when you're trying to have a romantic date with your boyfriend."

"- and then when you were at the top of said rollercoaster, a flying green guy came up and bombed the whole thing. so you healed the dumbass flash thompson, and then your boyfriend saved your life. and then the flying green guy was pissed because he wants your blood but couldn't get it?" quentin asked.

ellie nodded again. "yeah, you pretty much got it."

ellie decided it would be fine to tell quentin the truth about peter's identity (this was after she cried for an hour because it accidentally spilled out of her mouth while talking with quentin.) she knew she shouldn't have because peter didn't say she could, but it was honestly an accident. quentin, not able to see the girl cry at all, reasoned with her the best he could. he reminded her that he has powers too, and if anyone were to understand a secret identity, it'd be him. after a while, ellie had calmed down, but she was still really nervous for peter's reaction - hopefully he wouldn't get too mad.

speaking of, peter approached the two mutants and took ellie's hand, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"hey, spider-boy," quentin greeted, completely ignoring ellie's earlier request to roll into the reveal. ellie rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 ellie rolled her eyes in annoyance