chapter two

CHAPTER TWO. XAVIER'S MANSION.

"Hey, dad? Can I come out now?" Ellie softly tapped on the door while peeking her head into the living room where the two superhumans sat.

"Yeah, baby, it's safe. The fight's over." Wade recollected himself quickly as the door opened. He threw peter a wink and turned towards where Ellie softly padded in the room. Her hand rubbed her arm nervously as she sat beside Peter and took his hand.

"He didn't scare you too bad, did he? He looks all rough and tough, but he's really just a big softie. Which reminds me, dad. it's Wednesday - can we start movie night?" Ellie asked, playing with peter's fingers. it was something she did whenever she spoke. she couldn't speak or sing without moving her fingers. She'd pick at the holes in her pants or play with something. Normally, though, it was Peter's fingers. Peter had become so used to it that he didn't mind. It became something he loved about her.

"No, honey, remember? We had to move that to Thursday because Wednesday is when Hank needs you for training at the mansion." Wade stood and began to walk towards his room. "I'm gonna go change. Put some shoes on, get ready to go."

"Do I have to? I already know my powers." Ellie groaned, standing. She already knew the answer.

"Yes." Wade said, turning and walking into his room. Ellie turned to Peter and sighed.

"I hate going to the mansion. It's so far away and it's always so boring," She complained, pulling on a pair of Adidas classics, her favorite shoes.

"A school full of mutants doesn't sound very boring to me," Peter replied, still sitting.

"Trust me, it is. You've seen one, you've seen 'em all." Ellie leaned back, her back against Peter's chest. "Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow at school."

Wade came back out with a hoodie and sweatpants on. "Ready?"

Ellie nodded and the three left the apartment. Wade shut the door tightly and locked it behind him.

Peter and Ellie stopped at the sidewalk. Peter would swing home, but Ellie had to ride with her father. "I'll see you at school, okay?"

"Sounds good. Text me when you get out?" Pete asked.

Ellie nodded. "Of course." She leaned forward and actually got to kiss him this time.

Ellie got into the car while Wade looked at Peter. "Wish me luck,"

Peter knew exactly what he was talking about. Today was the day that Ellie would learn about her healing powers.

He slid his mask over his face before anyone could see and shot a web up, swinging away into the slowly setting sun.
_____________

"Hello, Eleanor. Wade," Charles Xavier greeted the two at the door. He wheeled back, opening it further so they could step through the large doorway.

"What's up?" Wade asked, putting a hand around Ellie and guiding her through the door. "Where's Hank at?"

"Right here," Hank stepped walked down the steps closest to everyone. His blue skin obviously caught Ellie's eye. She's only been to the mansion a few times, and she couldn't remember if Hank was there when she died, so she didn't know if she'd met him before. His hair (that was also blue) was disheveled and messy. "Hey, Eleanor. You probably don't remember me. I'm Hank McCoy. I'll be the man who tests your powers." He stuck a blue hand out for Ellie to take.