chapter thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN. LAST WORDS.

quentin walked up to the wooden doors and opened them without hesitation. ellie and wade stumbled in behind them quickly. ellie gripped onto his shoulder tightly as he kept his arms around her waist to keep her up. peter, however, took a little bit longer. he couldn't believe how beautiful this place was up close. the vines that slid up the stone walls, and even the beautiful doorway itself was amazing to him. quentin's voice, however, broke his concentration. his head snapped back down "professor, wheel your ass out here now!" peter's eyes bugged out of his head. did quentin really say that to one of the most powerful mutants who ever lived? 

but instead of the professor, hank came running down the stairs instead. he looked at everyone standing in front of the door — he noticed a seemingly very tired eleanor camacho being held up by deadpool and kid omega. and he noticed a teenage boy he'd never met before behind them with a confused face.

peter had his tuxedo pants on and his white undershirt covered his spider-man suit. he had quickly thrown them on in the car on the way to manchester, just in case they got pulled over for speeding, since wade went about 30 miles over every speed limit.

"what the hell is going on?" hank asked, walking forward to help hold eleanor up.

"oh, he didn't tell you? eleanor can do way more than just heal a cut or two!" wade practically screamed, letting go of eleanor and allowed hank to take his place. wade walked around for a moment, opening random doors and yelling "xavier!"

"he's in cerebro, wade," hank called out. he glanced back at the brown-headed teenage boy who couldn't stop looking around. his head nodded towards him. "who's this?"

peter took this as his chance to step forward and introduce himself. "hi, it's nice to meet you. i'm peter parker...uh, spider-man." peter put a hand out for hank to take. he did so, giving it a good shake while his other hand was still holding ellie steady.

"hank mccoy," hank replied. "beast."

peter let go with a nod. "awesome."

"i've heard a lot about you, spider-man," hank nodded, his voice inquisitive. "mostly from eleanor, but i've seen you on the news."

peter didn't know what to say. eleanor had talked about him?

"she never told me who you were, though. just spider-man." hank continued, his eyes still locked onto peter's. 

"oh, yeah," peter laughed nervously. he knew that ellie didn't tell anyone because he had asked her to, but they didn't know what. 

before peter could continue, everyone came in. kids were everywhere, almost crowding around the girl. peter could hear faint whispers that basically pushed themselves into his super-hero hearing.

"deadpool..."

"powers..."

"mutant..."

"ellie..."

peter took a look around. most of the kids looked like everyday people. but a few stuck out, people who were blue, green, red... people with horns and people with tails. it was amazing. he never thought he'd ever get to go inside of the mansion that ellie always talked about, but now that he was here, he felt like he had already been there a million times before. ellie described it perfectly.