Chapter 86

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Rebecca Romijn as Rebecca Marie Ford

Timothy Olyphant as Nicholas Ford

Nolan Gross as Benjamin Gerrard Ford

Paget Brewster as Laureen Nelson

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Harry Nelson

Nick Zano as Alex Summers

Sophie's POV

As expected, I nailed the test and I managed to make Sam happy by not ruining her book. On top of that, having Ro desperately trying to get my clothes off made my day perfect. My libido is not as high as Ro's but I did miss our nights together and the way her body feels next to mine, or better yet, spooning me, which is our current position. She is kissing my shoulder feeling smug and proud of herself for making me break my resilient and moan loudly, which still makes me a bit embarrassed from time to time.

Alex, as per usual was casted away to Kira's, which is something I would never agree on, it's his house after all, but Ro said he is more than ok with it and already scarred for life. It only clicked a few moments later, what she meant by 'scarred for life', and I can say the thought of that incident made my stomach clench in pain. Ro has done a good job keeping me from feeling jealous of her ex or the girls she has been with, denying to answer my question of how many girls there were, but it's only natural of me to think about Ro and Natalie. True to her words, Ro took Natalie's photo from the collaze and now MY photo is hanging there among with her other beloved people, so I win, right? But still, I can't help but wonder how they were together. Was Robin the big spoon with her too?

"Tell me about Natalie." My mouth says and I close my eyes for being so stupid. What the heck, brain?

When Ro's hands loosen up on my waist and then leave my body completely, I know I ruined the night. She lies on her back as I turn around to face her afraid of how this can go. She is not angry though, just frowning.

"Why do you wanna know?" she examines me carefully.

"I was just curious...you never talk about the time you were together, and I guess I wanted to know your dynamics. How you were with her." I say guilty. I also lay on my back next to her, looking at the ceiling and the star stickers that glow in the dark. I was sure she wouldn't answer but she did.

"I pumped into her the first day of our junior year. She was wearing a unicorn t-shirt... the same one I wear sometimes... it's hers." She says but even though my heart aches at the info that her dorky t-shirt she wears, is Natalie's, I don't say anything. I let her continue.

"We had fourth period together and she sat next to me. I noticed she was wearing a rainbow bracelet and she noticed I had a 'Gay is ok' sticker on my notebook. We started talking and after thanksgiving she asked me out. She took me to the theaters and we watched a romcom, and at the end of the date we kissed. She was my first everything, Soph. I was happy with her, the first few months at least. Then things got tough and I started being less happy and she became more demanding. She used to pick up fights over stupid things and she pretty much carried the whole fight on her own, I never raised a voice or talked back. We had bad moments, but I loved her and I knew she was more than what her outbreaks made her. After Christmas, senior year, the fights became more frequent and irrational, until one fine party night I saw her with someone else. I left the scene, she went after me, just like you see in the movies, but I didn't look back." She swallows hard. I reach over and put my hand around her waist and start drawing patterns on her hip bone to make her feel I am here for her.