I need you

Joyeux anniversaire Paul Pogba 

Also, Dortmund and Bayern München are tied in the Bundesliga😭. Hopefully they can pull ahead. 

Marco's POV

I ran into the hospital and rushed up to the front desk. 

"I'm here to see Roman Bürki," Auba says.

"Are you related to him?" the lady asks.

"No but we're his team mates," I reply.

"Well then I'm sorry you can't see him," she answers.

"Please, he's our best friend," Auba pleads.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave," she snaps back. 

"Can we just see him for fucks sake?!"Mario explodes.  Her eye's widen by his sudden outburst. She nods her head quickly.

"This way," she motions for us to follow her. 

We follow her down the narrow hallway into the private part of the hospital. 

"Marco!" I hear Alex's voice yell. Her arms wrap around my neck and I pull her into a tight hug. She buries her face into my neck. I hide my face in her hair breathing in the smell of her rose shampoo. 

"How is he?" I whisper in her ear. 

"I don't know," she says pulling away. 

"I-I-I tried to save him. Oh gosh, there was so much blood. What if he doesn't make it. It's all my fault," she gasps in one breath .

Her eyes are filled with worry and her lip has begun to bleed from her biting it.  Her eyebrows are furrowed making lines appear on her forehead. She goes over to Mario and Auba, giving each of them a hug. 

"Hey, it's not your fault," I say grabbing her face, forcing her to look into my eyes. "He's going to be fine."

"Family of Roman Bürki?" the doctor asked. All of us turn to him as he flips through his papers. 

"He is in stable condition. He has a concussion but other than that, there was nothing serious."

We all let out a sigh of relief.

"How long will he be out?" Alex asks. 

"3 weeks," he answers. 

"Can we see him?" I ask. He nods, opening the door to a room. We enter his room and see him laying down. There's an IV drip and his head is in a bandage. 

"Hey guys," he says with a lazy smile.

"You almost gave us a heart attack," Mario scolds giving him a hug. 

We take turn hugging him. Except Alex.

"I'm sorry, Roman," she says looking at the ground, standing by the door. 

"What are you sorry about? Come give me a hug," Roman says, spreading his arms out. She looks up and slowly walks over, giving him a delicate hug. 

"You can't get rid of me that easily," Roman says. Alex gives him a small smile. 

After that we talk for a bit before leaving him to rest. 

"How did you guys get here?" Alex asks.

"We took a taxi" I answered. 

"I'll take you guys back," she says, taking out her car keys. We walk through the parking lot until we reach her black Mercedes. She had been given one while working here. 

"We'll sit in the back," Auba and Mario offered. 

"Fine with me," Alex agrees. I opened the door and sat in the passenger seat. Alex reversed the car out of the car park and merged onto the autobahn.

- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - 

Back at the hotel

We came back about an hour ago and no one has felt like talking. I've been laying in bed for a while now and I can't fall asleep. I get out of bed and tiptoe into Alex's room. I see her sitting on the window sill looking out. The moonlight illuminating her face made her look stunning. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. She tilts her head into my chest closing her eyes. I let out a content sigh, placing a kiss on her head. 

"Let's get you to bed," I whisper to her. She shakes her head not wanting to sleep. I slowly lift her up of the ground bridal style and tuck her into bed. I begin to walk away from her bed but she grabs my arm. 

"Can you stay?" she asks lazily blinking her eyes. 

"Of course," I reply, slipping under the sheets. She buries her face in my chest and I wrap my arms around her waist. With that, I fell into a peaceful sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

My heart goes out to all of the people who lost their lives in the attacks earlier today in New Zealand. It hurts that people could do this to other human beings. It's so sad that the media was advertising what happened and displaying the gruesome video. That's exactly what the perpetrators wanted. To publicize the incident. I'm praying that something like this doesn't happen again. Things like this always happen in the least expected places at the most unexpected times. I'll have you know that Muslims are not bad people. Immigrants are not bad people. Jewish people are not bad people. They are just like the rest of us. We should treat and respect everyone the same. No matter where we're from, what our religion is, and how we live. We are all human. You, me, everyone. 

#PrayforNewZealand