[2] Uh-Oh, Riptide Sanford

But first...

"Welcome to your tape, Riptide Sanford"

It was a beautiful day in mid-October, do you remember? The leaves were falling down from trees and we were officially friends for three years. We met in high school, and astonishingly we continued our friendship for three years.

I had a small crush on you, Riptide.

You seemed, always, so, so perfect— and all the girls from our school gossiped about you. They asked me if they could get your number, which I refused angrily every time.

Your features were unbelievably handsome and your blue eyes and your black hair always attracted me like an irresistible magnet. Your grin was beautiful and your hands matched perfectly with mine when we walked down the hall to get a cup of coffee. That was what you were, Riptide. Perfection. Simply perfection.

But it wasn't entirely your looks.

It was, after all, your well-known personality.

You were always kind to everyone. You always tried your best, and if someone happened to beat it, you didn't get jealous. You were a good team player. Leader. Friend.

You weren't like other people. You weren't fake.

At least, that was what I thought.

You were a light of perfection. Flawless. Beautiful, and untouchable. So good that you were almost not human. Horrifyingly charming.

To me, you, my dear, dear Riptide, were my Camelot.

He pressed Pause. Whoa. Since when did Glory like Riptide? Sure, Riptide had been extremely popular over the years. He had been the school's champion in his freshman year, but everything changed when he suddenly decided to refuse his popularity so that he could be with Tsunami.

He didn't know what he felt— anger? Jealousy? Horror? Confusion?

Was she lying?

Why would a dead girl lie, anyway?

He bit his lip and pressed Play again, his heart heavy. This couldn't possibly be true.

But it was.

To say the truth, I admired you. Another confession— it wasn't a small crush, dear Riptide.

I loved you.

But, after fawning over you for months, after sharing a few heated kisses, I realized that you never loved me.

How? I have no idea. Maybe it was when you looked the other way when I tried to catch your gaze. I tried to do anything and everything. You always had something going on. Out dates were canceled at the last minute.

You started avoiding me little bit. Started flirting with other girls. A hint. A hint for me. A hint that said, back off. If you come this now, you won't get hurt. I don't feel the same way.

I didn't get the hint.

You— my best friend and the only love of my life that time— had used me.

If you had told me straight in the face, I might even had moved on. Deep, deep in my heart— maybe I knew we won't work out. It just wasn't meant to be.

But we didn't end that way.

The night you broke my heart, we were at a party. A Halloween party. And you just had to invite me. You just had to break my heart until shreds.