[5] Bullies? you bet (Part 1)

Tape 2, Side A

A few days after he had finished the second tape, he received a full package. Morrowseer seemed to forget his existence and was inviting people to their house like he owned it.

Quickstrike had to work harder than ever.

The package didn't have a return address, and it was carefully hidden at his bedroom, covered with junk he had found in his closet. It was stored safely in his drawer, piled with bags of unopened potato chips and whatnot; he made sure his stepfather will never see it.

But many of the tapes were missing- including the third one.

Deathbringer had one choice- he called Sunny.

"What do you want?" Sunny's voice snapped. "Oh, sorry, Deathbringer. All the tapes thingy is making me tired. And the exams. And because the ice cream shop is getting broke and it's gonna close down soon. And the-"

"Yeah, I know. Sorry about that."

"Okay. So.... what do you need?"

"Sunny, I need the third tape. I received the package, but they're missing."

"Lots of the tapes are missing."

"How?"

"They took them. The owners. They weren't supposed to do that....But they did. Because they were cowards, I guess."

"What do I do, then? "

"You have to get it from the owner herself."

"Who is it?"

"The owner? "

"Yeah."

"Kestrel Goldenberg."

~

Kestrel Goldenberg was 100% bully.

Her fiery red hair and merciless black eyes. She was the horror of the school, and even the popular kids tried to avoid her. The rank didn't exist in Kestrel's eyes.

Irritate her and it was over.

The beatings can last for a minute to an hour. Every second of it was painful and people usually passed out from the impact.

Deathbringer didn't give a crap, though.

My life depends on a tape, on a voice, on a dead girl.

So reassuring.

So he knocked on Kestrel's house, crossing his weak arms and his eyes bloodshot from the lack of sleep.

"Yes?" A voice said as the door opened.

She was wearing what seemed like a long-sleeved shirt with jeans, but her arms were carefully hidden and her eyes were wide with wary and caution.

She was beautiful, no doubt. Her thin, white face and her unpredictable aura. Her clear blue eyes and red lips. Her silky red hair and her perfect body.

She gave him a scowl.

"I-"

"Go away," she said softly. Peril Goldenberg was one of the most popular girls in school; She wasn't very flirty but the boys were attracted to her anyway, partly because of her good looks and partly because she was hard to get.

Deathbringer stood his ground. "I want to talk to Kestrel. Is she here?"

"Kestrel?" Peril seemed surprised, but led him into her house. "I don't think she wants to see anyone right now."