[18] The End

"Honey? You awake?" Hazel eyes met his as he jolted awake. Tubes surrounded him and there was a machine measuring his heartbeat and blood pressure.

"Huh?" He said foggily. "Where am I?" He groaned as he sat up. Pain erupted in his leg, and he gasped in pain. Crap! He struggled to keep his position.

The nurse set him down quickly, shaking her head. "You're not strong enough yet. I'm Crissy, and I'll be coming in and out of your room today. Do you remember what happened, Mr. Black?" She eyed him, giving him a reassuring smile.

He blinked, and the memories came back like a hurricane, unsettling his mind. Morrowseer. Glory. The tapes. He blinked around the room, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I...how did I get here? Ma'am?" He added.

The nurse eyed him pitifully. "Somebody shot you with a weird dart. We had no idea what it was, and even the most smart doctors from all around the world couldn't figure out what it was. Black venom or something. But then a small girl came...Cricket? Was that her name? And have us a small jar of clear liquid, and heck, it worked like magic." She tapped his head. "Antidote, if you will."

He rubbed his eyes. "I didn't...Where's Morrowseer?" He yelped.

Crissey patted his shoulder, giving him a smile with perfectly white and straight teeth. "Jail, dear. He's going to be in there for life. Not death penalty, though. I'm betting my granny's spectacles he'll get out of there before you can say run. He's a smart, bloodthirsty one, I give him that." She shrugged. "but I don't know 'bout you."

"How?" He said. Then he gasped as pain erupted in his chest. He was barely conscious of Crissey gently placing him back to the bed. He winced.

"Nevermind that now, sweetheart. You get that rest." The lady smiled at him and slowly walked away, leaving the door a little open behind her.

He sighed. Her had to know everything, and soon. He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again.

He looked around the room. White walls and tubes, fluids, and liquids. He blinked as he spotted something familiar at the corner of his bed: his Walkman.

He slowly reached for it, grinning in excitement. Pain hissed and twisted like an angry volcano, but he ignored it.

Alas, it was better than anything he had expected: a small tape.

A small tape with the mark 13. It was the thirteenth tape. A tape nobody has ever heard before except Glory and Morrowseer.

He slowly grasped the tape with his weak fingers and slowly went back to his spot, closing his eyes for a few seconds before he took everything in. "I can't believe this," he muttered to himself. So much trouble he went through to get this. A small flame of hope and excitement sparked in his heart.

He slowly placed the tape inside the Walkman, pressing his lips together. Then he paused. What was he going to do now? This was possibly the most dangerous secret concerning the organization Morrowseer took part of. He wasn't going to stay in jail. He was going to get out somehow, and Deathbringer knew it. It was dangerous. Extremely dangerous. He stared at the Walkman, puzzled. What am I supposed to do now, Glory?

He didn't know.

So he pushed play.

This person started it all- and ended it all.

Perished a life for eternity. Sometimes, all it takes is a small pill. To end it all. To end the pain, the despair.

Thank you for telling me, stepfather.