Chapter 8

Luke's P.O.V

Sam hugs Kenna tight, and much to my disdain, Kenna notices me looking at her. She doesn't look mad, thankfully, she looks pained. Maybe she regrets what she said? It was pretty harsh, but I did drop a huge bomb on her. I know she likes Sam, I do, but I was hoping to change that.

I walk out of the cafeteria, and head to the library. When I arrive nobody is around. I immediately walk to the back, pull out a chair, and sit down. I place my bag on my table and lay my head on it. Everything's been so confusing, it's nice to just relax.

"Luke," Anna pipes.

Spoke too soon.

"I thought you were mad at me," I mumble.

"I know you were just confused, but now Kenna dropped you like a hot potato. So, I know you will finally realize I'm for you," she smirks, placing a hand on her hip, and cocking her head to the side.

"Anna," I snap. "Seriously shut the hell up. I've been through allot and I don't need you screwing up everything more."

Anna's face hardens and she purses her lips, "Luke," she sighs. "One date? I know I've been coming off strong. I'm sorry."

I look up at Anna. She has a pleading look on her face. I've been mean to Anna, very mean, but she isn't that bad of a person. She let her feelings get the best of her, like me. Maybe if I go on a date with her, I'll get over Kenna. Maybe, just maybe, I could be happier with Anna. I look up at her and sigh.

"One date," I say. "And if everything goes well, maybe more."

Anna squeals and runs off with a 'see you later' shout back to me. The librarian hisses at her as he darts out the door. I rest my head back on my backpack and close my eyes. My brother coming back from Alaska, my sister being nosey, and my feelings towards Kenna have taken a toll on my sleep. Especially my brother. He was shipped to Alaska when he decided to pull a huge prank. He painted the lions around town an ugly pink and yellow. Of course, he wouldn't have been in as much trouble if he hadn't of wrote crude things on the walls and sidewalks. I mean, kids are all over, who does that sort of thing? My brother.

I hear someone clear their throat above me and I groan. I look up thinking it's Anna, but lock eyes with Kenna. She stands a few feet away, nervously playing with her necklace. Her eyes bore into mine and everything is quite. Nobody speaks. Unasked questions hang in the air, the silence heavy. We just look at each other, nothing else.

"Let's do our lesson tomorrow," she finally says after a few moments.

"Okay," I Mumble.

Kenna nods her head, turns, and leaves. I watch as she walks out, her blue shirt flowing in the breeze, and wonder how long she was here. She couldn't have been here long, I would have noticed, but she was here awhile. The bell rings and I collect my bag, and walk out. The halls instantly become crowded, but I still see Kenna across the hall, talking to Anna.

---

When I get home, nobody's there. I walk up the stairs and into my room. It's walls are gray, with black trim. I have leather couch along the far wall, a bed against the left one, and a huge television against the south wall. Its a simple room, but it's what I like. My dresser leans against the far wall, clothes spilling out of it. I walk over to my gaming chair and grab my xbox controller.

I begin playing Call of Duty, when my mother suddenly appears in the doorway. Her brown hair is pulled up into a bun, and her suit is wrinkle free. She walks into my room, her high heels clacking against the hard wood floors, and stops in front of me. I look up at her, and raise an eyebrow. My mother never talks to me, let alone randomly comes into my room. Therefore, this must be important. Well, at least to her it is, it's could be pointless to anyone but her. She will freak out if the fish doesn't have special brand fish food. It's a goldfish, why spend five dollars instead of one?