Chapter- Twelve

Chapter twelve.

Beep

What?

Beep

Where am I?

Beep

Oh my god I'm dead.

"Kenna!"

God?

"Kenna!"

Oh god! It's you! I'm in heaven oh-

"For Pete's sake Kenna it isn't God," Amy snaps, shaking me.

"Where am I?" I ask, sitting up. Man my bed is uncomfortable. "Why does my nose hurt and how come it's so bright?"

"Hospital room do have allot of lighting," Amy replies, sitting down.

"The hospital!" I shriek, fully opening my eyes and looking around.

I'm sitting in a hospital bed, fully clothed. Seats are scattered around the room and the chatter of nurses milling around can be heard. The room smells like bleach and an old lady sits in the bed next to me. I hear snoring sounds coming from her side, but it's fake. I look over at Amy, who's holding a Starbucks cup and sipping on it gingerly.

"Amy, what the hell happened?" I asked confused. I couldn't remember why I was here. Had I fallen? Maybe down the stairs. Or I have-

"Luke hit you."

"What!?" I shrieked, whipping my head to look at her. "Why would he-?"

"It was an accident. Don't you remember Kenna?" She asks. "You were in the closet with Sam. Then Luke came and-"

Crack.

I remembered it all. The fear I felt when I saw his fist flying towards me. The scream that escaped my throat as the crack echoed through the hall. My head landing on the hard ground, then black. All I could think about was black. Just black. Black. Black.

Amy holds open her compact mirror for me, which I gladly accept, and inspect the damage. My nose is purple and offset. It's positioned slightly to the right. I widen my eyes in horror.

It was an accident though. He never meant to do anything. He was simply trying to protect me like I asked him too do.

"Here's your nose bandage. They are busy here. Said you could do it. Your mom signed everything, but couldn't stay because works demanding. You can leave," Amy smiles, helping me put on the nose thing.

"I have to find Luke!" I yell, standing up.

"Why would you-? Kennedy!"

I run past people in wheelchairs, people bleeding on beads, those who have passed on. I keep running, right out the door, and to my car. I start it with a groan, waiting for the constant stream of cars go die down. Once the last one passes, I speed onto the road.

It takes four minutes to make it to Luke's house. When I arrive he is sitting on his porch. He looks up at me when I arrive. He stares as I walk towards him. He scoots back, putting a hand out.

"Kenna? What are you doing here? I-I hit you! You have to go away!" Luke demands. "I mean look at your nose. I did that. Me."

"It was an accident," I reply. "You didn't mean too-"

"Kenna! Stop please!" He yells, cupping his face.

"-and I forgive you-" I keep talking, ignoring his words.

"Kenna!"

"-so you can stop beating yourself up and know that-"

"Kennedy!"