Chapter-22

Important authors note at the end! READ IT!

Luke's P.O.V

I take a deep breath, then walk into the police station.

It hurt to hear Kenna so distraught. She seemed so week, her cries of pain echoing in my ears. Theodore hadn't been home in a few days, three to be exact. Kenna has been missing, but her parents haven't even noticed. Her mom called me to tell me she was leaving for a few weeks and to tell Kenna. She isn't that great of a mother if she doesn't even notice she's gone. Maybe that's why Kenna never speaks of home.

I wait for a police officer to approach me as I gain the courage to speak. A middle aged man with a bushy mustache and beady eyes walks over, seizing me up. He wears a uniform and holds a donut in his hand-how ironic. He motions for me to follow him, then leads me to an interrogation room. He forces me to sit on the hard metal chair, then leaves the room. I wait.

"I'm officer Reynolds," speaks the new officer, walking into the room. He looks younger, nicer. "You said you had pressing information?"

"I did-do," I reply, keeping my gaze to the ground.

The officer sits across from me, looking at me with a sideways glance. "What is it? Why is it so important?" He watches me. I can't speak, just breathe heavily and try to collect my thoughts. When he notices my lack of cooperation, he stands to leave.

"There's a drug business," I speak, causing the officer to turn around. He motions for me to continue. "I was in it, unofficially. My brother made me, saying it was the 'family business.' I was just the muscle, I would beat a few people just to make sure they'd buy the drugs. I hated it, so I got out."

"And?" The officer presses.

"And it's hard to get out of a drug business. My brother grew mad at me, claiming I was being a pussy. I started doing well in school. Sticking with my football career. Everything was good for a few months. Theodore was in prison from some dumb thing that happened awhile back, I was happy."

"Then what happened?" The officer asks, intrigued by my story.

"He got out-came back. He saw my lack of cooperation. At first he blamed it on the fact I was trying to make mom proud, then he noticed my liking for a girl. Kennedy Lancer. She had a boyfriend at the time, so my brother didn't think much of it." I take in a shaky breath. The next part getting to me. "Then she started to like me back. Now we're dating. Theodore blamed me not wanting to be part of the business anymore on her. So, he-he."

"Spit it out boy!" The officer remarks impatiently.

"He kidnapped her!" I snap, slapping my palms on the table. Tears sting at my eyes, but I just push them back. "Save her. Please. Save her."

***
It had been three hours since I left the station. The officer told me he would do anything to rescue her. I gave information by the dozen, any question is didn't know the answer to caused them to grow skeptical. I never realized I didn't know her middle name, or even her address by heart. I felt like a horrible boyfriend. A terrible, horrible boyfriend.

I currently sit by my cellphone, waiting for the daily calls that always come. The police officers sit around me, hoping to trace the call back to where she's being held. We chose to do it in a rural area, in case he traced my phone. My brother was smart enough to see exactly where I was. If I was close, far-right where he wants me. I have the upper hand here though. He never would even think about me going to the police.

I mean, I was in a drug business. Who would go and spill that to a cop? Not any smart person, but when your girlfriend is being held captive, you do what you have to do.