Chapter-Fourteen

The clock wakes me up with a start, I smile as the memories of my night play in my mind, until Sam pops up. Breaking up with him was the hardest thing to do, seeing him hurt, was the hardest thing to see. I was feeling better today, glad to have finally chosen who I liked all along. Luke.

The honk out side let's me know he's here, I run down the stairs, and out to his car. He smiles as I climb in, kissing his cheek gently.

"I'll have to go see coach, can you handle a few seconds without me?" Luke asks, grasping his hand in my own.

"Yeah," I nod. Letting the tingly feeling overcome me.

When we arrive at school, I kiss Luke goodbye, the. Hurry through the doors. People glance at me, then all start to swarm. Sam had become the talk of school. His story had been twisted a million times over and still being changed. They didn't know I had broken things off, so through out the morning I was bombarded with questions.

"Is he okay?" They all kept asking.

"Will he live?"

I didn't know what to say, the questions just kept coming. One after another. They swirled around me, each person blurred.

"Leave my girlfriend alone."

Everyone's eyes grew quite. They all looked wide eyed at us. Luke had caused everyone to turn to us. I freeze, what will they say? Will they accept it, or call me names?

"Wait!" Wails people from all over.

Oh no.

"Your guys are dating!" Yells someone from my right.

Then, what I feared happens.

"Skank!"

"Whore!"

I run away, I was always good at it. I run away, towards my car, my escape. I run until I can't anymore, landing on the ground, with a sob escaping my lips. I cry, I just stay on my knees in the cracking parking lot. I let the tears flow down my cheeks.

"They're right," Ally speaks, coming up behind me. "You're a whore. You don't deserve Luke, he could do so much better."

I don't reply, I just cry harder. They- she- is right. I don't deserve him. I didn't deserve Sam. I'm a cheater, a liar, and I don't deserve anyone.

I stand to my feet and walk toward the exit. If I take my car they'll know I left, if I walk, they won't. But, I'm not that lucky because half way home Luke's car comes into view. I wipe furiously at my tears, hoping I don't look as bad as I feel.

"Kenna!" He calls out to me. I just keep walking. Maybe he'll go away if I keep walking.

"Kenna!" He calls again.

I just keep my head down, I'll be home soon. Then I can escape everyone.

"Kennedy!"

I stop. He- He called me Kennedy. He, I turn I around, looking at Luke through my tears. He walks toward me, a sad look in his eyes. When he gets to me, he pulls me into his arms.

I cry.

I just lean into him and cry. He smells like laundry detergent and Old Spice. I breathe in bus scent as I crumble into him. He holds me, patting my hair.

"It's okay," he whispers. "It's all okay."

"She's right," I cry. "Ally's right."

"Oh god, don't say that," he urges. "She's the devil."

"I don't deserve you, Luke," I cry. He tenses, pulling me away from his chest. He's going to dump me, I just know it.

"Don't ever say that again," he growls. It catches me off guard. "I don't deserve you."