Chapter-25

Welcome to the next installment of my book! Chapter 25, which means two more chapters are left (counting this one) and an epilogue. Although I may add a new chapter in the mix, since the epilogue isn't written yet. I plan to write that after I know exactly where the characters plans are.

Like the new book cover?

The girl mentioned in this chapter. (Ivy) is from a new book in writing, about Dancing! It'll be out in a couple days probably. I'm currently writing it. I'll tell you when it's published, so check it out!

Anyway/// here is chapter 25. There has been a lot of plot twists and things lately. So here is kind of a toned down chapter. There isn't that much of drama, but it's just a calm before the storm.

Without further disruptions.
*Unedited*

Chapter 25!

***
"Were you scared?"

"Did he rape you?"

"Were you drugged?"

"How many men?"

"Who saved you?"

All these questions had been thrown at me throughout the school day. It was my first day back, and I hadn't made it to second period yet. I was a little annoyed, bordering on insane. I felt like everyone was looking at me constantly-which they were-and they always whispered near me.

I felt beyond aggravated when lunch finally rolled around. The thought of food was more tempting than the girl who had been kidnapped by her boyfriends brother. Sam, his name still not being spoken, had been on my mind throughout the day. Nobody commented on his untimely death, checking it off as last weeks news. I tried not to beat myself up about it, but the thoughts shuffled around in my mind until I gave into them.

I had noticed there was a video circling around the school. I prayed it wasn't about me, but by the way my day has been-it didn't seem likely. So, when the notification finally popped up about the video, I was beyond nervous. I slid open the screen, watching as youtube started to load. Finally-after much anticipation-the video of a girl from California named Ivey Henderson. She was a pretty girl, a fabulous dancer, but I was just thankful it wasn't a news report of my kidnapping.

"Kenna?" I hear someone speak. By the aggravation it seemed they had called my name a few times.

"Oh, sorry," I mumble. "I was just-I don't know? In my zone I guess."

Amy plops beside me, pushing her pasta around with her fork. "Girl, you haven't been like you lately."

"I don't mean to be like-Amy I'm sorry that I haven't been myself," I say, forking a piece of salad in my mouth.

"It's okay," she smiles, ruffling my hair. "I just want to make sure my best friend isn't loosing her mind."

"I can't say I'm not," I shrug, letting a faint sigh escape my lips.

"Well, then I guess we'll both be crazy."

***
After school ended, I dodged Luke at his locker, and headed to a local park. I sat down on the rusted swing as soon as I arrived, pumping my legs gently. The breeze whipped the few strands of hair that had fallen out of my braid away from my face. I make paths in the dirt as my shoes skid along, my face blank of emotion.

I feel a tap at my shoulder, my gaze flicking up to meet Luke's. He smiles down at me, a glint in his eyes forcing me to smile back. He slips into the swing next to me, pumping his legs a little too. Soon, he's flying higher into the stratosphere and leaving me in the dust.

His hair whips away as he flys higher into the sky. His red shirt flapping in the wind-his vans on the brink of flying off. His pumping becomes faster, a laugh escaping his lips. He watches me from the corner of his eye, a smirk playing on his face.