Chapter-16

"And in third place, Marcie Applegate!"

The girl smiles bright, accepting the pin. She looks enviously at the girls around her, everyone sucks in a breath.

"In second place.. Amy Hall!"

She accepts her slightly larger pin, a cheer erupting from the audience.

"And in first place!"

Oh god I'm going to die of anticipation.

"Kennedy Lancer!"

I'm stunned for a moment, before I smile out to the crowd. I accept my crown, sash, and flowers with a large smile, drinking in the cheers. The girls all enviously look at me, sneers on their faces.

I don't care, I'm the winner.

Luke rushes onto the stage, enveloping me I'm a hug, swinging me around. Once he puts me down, my feet firmly on the ground once more, I attack him. I wrap my arms around his shoulders, crashing my lips against his.

"That bitch sabotaged me!" Ally shrieks, glaring at me.

"What gives you that idea?" I ask, trying not to smile smugly.

"You and I aren't exactly mega best friends. I wouldn't put it past you!" She scoffs.

"Oh please, tons of people hate you," I retort, wrapping my arms around Luke again.

"I'll get you back!" She growls. "Even if it kills me."

I can't help but think she really means it.

***
"To Kennedy!" Luke cheers, clinking his glass with my own.

For my win Luke drove me out to a small place called 'Swinging Swings' which is just a medium sized meadow full of different types of swings. We chose a red cloth tied to two branches-not as safe as I would like-and started eating our food.

Luke had packed a noodle dish his mother made up. It consists of peas, carrots, green peppers, olives, cucumbers, and angle hair pasta. It was surprisingly delicious with the sweet and sour sauce. I shove a fork full into my mouth, setting my glass back down.

"Good job beating Ally," Luke smiles.

"I'm worried Ally will get revenge," I admit, looking up at him through my lashes.

"She probably will try, but we'll be ready," he comforts me, smiling down at me.

"I hope," I sigh, leaning back into his arms. He wraps them around me, a fuzzy feeling starting in my stomach.

"I'll protect you, little miss pageant winner," he teases, making me blush.

"I'm the best," I smirk, looking up at him. "I'll go on to be a top model."

"You're too pretty to be an anorexic and stressed all the time," he mumbles into my hair.

"You're too good to me," I sigh, melting deeper into his arms.

"You're too good for me."
***
The alarm clock blares out a random pop song, jolting me awake. I glance in the mirror, wincing at the sight. My hair sticks up crazy, bags under my eyes. It's not my fault youtube was made, why must I suffer from it?

About thirty minutes later I'm dressed and ready for the dreaded day of school. I couldn't help but wonder if Ally would attack me, rip my eyes out with her talons. I was worried for my sake and Luke's, considering she would figure out he was my accomplice.

After I'm dressed in black leggings, a white shirt with a cross on it, and my white vans, I get ready to leave. Luke honks his horn three times, making me cringe. I glance at the clock 7:50. Holy moly I was almost late.

I quickly speed out of my room, my feet pounding on the hard wood floor. I fling open the front door, slamming it shut behind me. I practically attack the cars door handle, plopping in the passenger seat.

"Drive!" I screech, pointing the direction of the school.

Luke sends a sideways smirk at me, peeling away from the curb. Why is he smiling? We're late! I can feel myself slowly ripping apart, until we pull into the parking lot, with two minutes to spare.

I give Luke a quick kiss, rushing to my locker. I pull the books I'll need for my first class out, walking swiftly to the classroom. Amy is sitting down at our table when I arrive. I slip in beside her, offering a small smile.

"I was almost late," I sigh, leaning back in my seat. I preferred the desks, but biology has tables.

"I could tell by the way you ran in here," she laughs, slinging her arm over my shoulder. "I need a place to stay while my parents are away, can I stay with you?"

"Sure," I smile, nodding frantically, not giving myself a chance to re-think it all. "Don't keep me up late though, we do have school!"

"No promises," she replies, smiling mischievously.

"I know," I laugh, facing the front.

The teacher walks in, passing out the papers for out assignment. I smile to myself.
Maybe everything's right with the universe.
***
"Luke, Amy. Amy, this is my boyfriend Luke," I smile, motioning between the two most important people in my life ever.

Luke wanted to surprise me today, but Amy and I were movie ready. So, here I am, trying to conjoin my two worlds. World War 3? I smile nervously, glancing between the two. She looks at Luke a moment, making me grow nervous.

"Did you de-flower my princess?" Amy asks, causing me to choke on air.

"A-Amy!" I cough-shriek, looking at her crazily. "No!"

She looks skeptically at us, before shrugging it off. Oh gosh, a disaster waiting to happen. I rush them into the living room, all but shoving Amy down in her chair. She laughs a little, looking up at me innocently. I send a quick smile, before looking over at Luke. He winks, causing Amy have a coughing fit.

"Cough gross cough," she mutters, making me heat up a little.

"Luke, do you want some chips?" I ask, motioning to the food scattered all over the coffee table.

"Sure I would love some ba-" he cuts himself off, glancing at Amy for a second. She smirks at the reaction.

He's scared of my best friend.

"Oh Kennedy!" Amy suddenly shrieks, causing me to wince. "Weren't you just talking about how hot Dave Franco is?"

"Amy," I warn, sending her my best glare. "Let's not."

She wiggles her eyebrows, pressing play on the remote. Twenty-one jump street pops up again, making me less tense a little. I walk over to the couch, sitting a seat away from Luke. Amy perched herself in her chair, crunching on chips, and staring at the screen lovingly.

Luke glances at me, before reaching his arm around my back and pulling me towards him. Amy doesn't notice, making me let out a breath. Luke pulls me even closer, causing me to snuggle into his side. He smiles a little as I lay my head down on his shoulder. We sit like that, just watching the movie.

"Kenna," Luke whispers in my ear.

"What?" I whisper back.

"You look cute today," he mumbles in my ear. I blush, turning my head toward him. I move my face closer to his, causing him to jump back. "But Amy!" He whisper-shouts, glancing over to where she sits.

"Who cares?" I shrug, feeling a sudden swarm of bravery.

So I crash my lips onto his, him instantly deepening it. I smile into the kiss as I hear Amy shouting behind us.

"Ew! Get a room!"

**************************************************************************

So, there should be at least 28 chapters (number to change) counting the epilogue.

The next bundles of chapters should be more interesting, since they weren't pre-written.

Hope you all had a great New Years! 2k15 woohoo! My birthday is coming up, then I'll get my new laptop. So, more updates!

Thanks for your support.

Vote/comment/remember to smile.