Through The Darkness, There's Light

Only a few chapters left until this book is complete.
How are you finding the story so far?

////////////////////////

Hiccup's POV
Yet again, my eyes open from their clasp and I found myself swimming around in near blackness with wisps of grey faint fog twirling graciously around me as if I was fragile and shatter like glass at its slightest touch.

My body felt weightless and besides the fog, I was struggling to see through the black background.
"Hello!" I cry aloud, my body slowly drifting through the thin cold air.

Silence met my cry.

A frustrated yet downhearted sigh escapes from my lips as I look down at my feet in sadness while insensibly recalling the impossible.

First, I wake up with a hellish cold and vomit all over my boots.
Second, I find myself grow into a sixty-five foot giant that causes me to unwittingly destroy my house.
Third, I meet a troll and her talking deers.
Fourth, I fight a giant, crazy troll in my village and nearly die!
Fifth, I help Viggo - my archenemy.
Sixth, I'm captured by The Troll King and luckily manage to escape his surreal kingdom.
Seventh, I'm knocked unconscious and awake to find myself hung by chains.
Whilst I was chained, I discover that Lily-Rae is possessed by Evanora Locasta who successfully unleashed Sahvar.
And now I find myself adrift in darkness alone.

My life could not get any better!

As anguish thoughts flooded aggressively in my head, I hardly noticed a speck of light flickering in the shallow distance.

It went unnoticed for a few more moments until I caught its shimmering speckles of white from the corners of my eyes - the speck gradually grew closer and closer towards me like a mouse shyly creeping from its home and into the outdoors. With my attention fully sealed on the growing, glowing ball of light, I couldn't help but feel the steady rise of curiosity and anxiety mixing within the pit of my stomach.

Before I knew it, there was a short distance between me and the vast light. I brought my hands over my eyes to shield my sight from the incredibly blinding light as it was too intense to stare directly at it; so bright that my eyes had started to weep, a few tiny tears running down my flat cheeks from the sneaky specks of light that slid through the gaps between my fingers.

Like the dawning sun becoming the soft glow of the moon, the ball of light dimmed greatly and I steadily lowered my hands away from my face. I was not prepared for what was standing in front of me.

Or more precisely - who.

With the soft glow of white outlining their body was a familiar face with a familiar smile that was very true. Long, wavy locks that were coloured a gorgeous blonde traveled down to their hips freely; soft, olive skin that allowed their rosy lips to pop subtly with pink; a cute button nose and a pair of mesmerising, green eyes that show off beauty and perfection.

The one and only true Lily-Rae.

A warm smile sketched her lips as she stood still.

Nothing was said as we stared deeply into each other's eyes. I felt ridiculous of not knowing what to say, but I was in so much shock that I couldn't think of anything to say.

"Hello Hiccup."

Taken aback, I didn't expect Lily-Rae to speak. Her words weren't forced and her emotions weren't fake; her voice was soft like silk and her words rolled off her tongue smoothly. "I don't know what else to say," she merely mumbled with a numb smile, her eyes adverting to the floor as her shoulders stiffened, "except for I'm so sor-"