Chapter One

Hi guys! Welcome back!

So I'm posting this chapter a little early because A) I'm going to see If I Stay in a few hours and B) I have a lot of school related things to do until Monday! We got our schedules just two hours ago and I'm texting all my friends trying to find out if I have the same classes as anyone. 

That being said, I START MY FRESHMAN YEAR ON MONDAY! This means that I don't know if I will be able to stick to the uploading schedule I've had over the summer, but I sure will try! I already have two chapters after this pre-written so I can focus on my first week of school.

Also, I'm dedicating this chapter to aevavea for making me the awesome cover art that I will post on the side. Thank you so much <3

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter, and to vote and comment for more. Enjoy chapter one!

J U L I O  [ T O M A H A W K ]

“It’s here!” yelled a familiar voice through teamspeak. “It’s finally ready!”

I cringed in my seat. I’d been editing a solo survival games in total silence, and the burst of noise had temporarily stunned my ears. 

“Geez, Graser, you don’t have to blow my ears out.”

“Sorry,” the robot responded sheepishly. I chuckled.

“So it’s here? The server’s been set up and everything?” I asked, somewhat eagerly. Ever since Graser had announced to us that we’d be receiving one of the first copies of Pixel, I’d been counting down the days. Most of us had already told the fans and all that had been left to do was wait for Graser to give us the all clear. This would completely revamp the Cube SMP, and I had never looked forward to anything more.

“Yep!” Graser announced, excitement re-entering his voice. “I just got the notice. It’s all set!”

“Woah, woah, don’t get on yet,” I chided, glancing at the teamspeak tab, empty except for us. “We need to get as many of us on as possible before we try it out, so we can film the intro together.”

“Oh, right…” muttered Graser, and I laughed, shaking my head. Stupid robot.

“Come on, Graser,” I told him, letting sarcasm seep into my voice. “You can’t just jump in! Especially without the President; what would he say?”

“Oh gosh, I forgot!” he gasped dramatically. “Thank you, Tomahawk, for you could have just saved my life!”

I rolled my eyes, though I was smiling. “Whatever. Do you think you can get a date worked out and let everyone know, or will I have to do that for you?”

“I got it.” A brief silence, only broken by the clicking of my mouse. “I guess I’ll send you the details later.”

“Sounds great,” I replied, glancing at the time, which read 2 AM. Oops. “Well, I should probably get some sleep. Night, you ugly little robot.”

Graser chuckled. “Sweet dreams, my dear Tomahawk.”

I signed out of teamspeak and put my computer to sleep so I wouldn’t have to stare at a bright screen all night while I tried to sleep. Leaving my headset on the desk, I quickly changed into boxers and climbed into bed, my mind still on Pixel.

Everyone in the gaming community had heard about it, and pretty much all of us had dreamed of using it even once. It was revolutionary; the ability to actually play inside of the game was insane. The fact that Graser had managed to acquire one for the Cube was amazing. Not only would we all get to use it regularly, but the fans would get to experience it alongside us… well, sort of. I could barely wait.

I drifted slowly into unconsciousness with only one thing on my mind.

Pixel.

I know it's kinda short but the next two chapters are good, I promise.

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

Who's POV would you like to see in this story? I already have Tomahawk, Graser, and Bayani. Who else?

Vote and comment for more! Until next time!

~Cherry