Chapter Three

Hey guys! Welcome back!

THE PAX SELFIES ARE AMAZING. I have most of them saved to my phone xD AND GRASER. OMG HE IS JUST THE MOST ADORABLE THING. <3 And the Cube meetup is in about 2 1/2 hours... I cannot wait to see the selfies from those. AND THE VLOGS. I cannot WAIT for vlogs.

So enough of my fangirling... here's chapter three. After Graser's face reveal, I went back to the description of his looks in this chapter that I'd written about five days ago, but there didn't seem to be anything that I needed to change, which was good ^^

I'll post the gigantic Cube selfie that they took yesterday on the side in case you haven't seen ;)

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter, and to vote and comment for more. Enjoy!

J O R D A N  [ B A Y A N I ]

I couldn’t see. 

My whole body was tumbling through space, trapped in darkness. My mouth was open, my vocal chords vibrating in a silent scream that I couldn’t hear. The heat that had once only occupied my arm now enveloped my entire form, and I couldn’t move. 

This seemed to go on for an eternity before something finally changed.

I could see light behind my eyelids. I was no longer falling, but suspended in midair, still unable to move. The warm feeling slowly decreased until I only felt it in my feet. And then it was gone, and gravity took me into its claws.

I hit the ground hard, with a large oof. I’d landed on my butt, but the momentum had carried me back and I was now lying on my side, groaning at the sudden pain from the impact.

I shifted, discovering I was now able to move. My eyes fluttered open, taking in the scene around me. I sat up.

The sky shone bright above me, the sun high in the sky. Grass cushioned me, blowing slightly in the breeze. Around me were rolling hills, formed from grass blocks. A forest was visible in the distance, to the east. Flowers dotted the plains, red and yellow as usual. A cave opened up to the north of me.

A moan drew me out of my thoughts. I turned to see a boy with brown hair and a black hoodie lying awkwardly on the ground, grumbling as he struggled to sit up. I crawled over to him, nudging him gently.

“You okay?”

He sighed, flexing his arm. “Yeah, I think so… that was so weird.”

I froze. “Graser?”

He gave me a look that said ‘isn’t that obvious’. “Yeah.”

“That was the strangest thing I’ve ever experienced,” I told him, helping him sit up the rest of the way.  

He nodded. “Looks like it happened to everyone else, too.”

I glanced behind me. A few other people that I recognized as Tomahawk and Grape were also sitting up a few yards away. And as I looked, the form of a human began to generate a few feet in the air, slowly painting itself into the familiar figure of Dul before dropping her, and she hit the grass with a loud thud and a gasp of surprise.

“Woah,” I said, unable to describe it any other way. “This is insane, dude.”

“I know,” he agreed. “But it worked, didn’t it?” He swept his arms around him, gesturing to the blocky landscape around us. “We’re in Minecraft!”

“Yeah,” I whispered, still taking in the surrounding area. “Crazy.”

Graser and I sat side by side next to each other as we watched the rest of the Cube members that had been in the teamspeak appear. After Dul came H, then TYBZI, then Rusher, and finally Straub. Once everyone regained their bearings, Graser stood and nodded at me, wanting me to follow him over to the others. I did just that.

“Hello, everyone!” he announced loudly in his clearly recognizable voice once we reached the others.  “And welcome to Pixel, Cube SMP edition!”

“Graser, is that you, buddy?” asked Rusher, and I chuckled from my position just behind Graser. 

“You bet, Mr President!” Graser answered proudly. “Graser10cp, right here at your service!”

A small burst of chatter broke out, but Graser was quick to shush everyone again. 

With that, he began to teach us everything he knew about how to play. He showed us how to open our inventory, which appeared as a sort of bluish screen in front of us. When we closed the full inventory, our hotbar appeared at the bottom of our vision, ready for use. He explained how it was the same as playing Minecraft normally, only you had to make the motions yourself as opposed to, say, holding down the mouse button. Pretty soon, we were all ready to film the intro.

Graser found 0.0 and used some of the wood he’d collected to build a pillar there. He then jumped atop it and the rest of us surrounded it in a circle. Using what Graser had showed us, we opened our recording software (which would record our first-person perspectives through our eyes) and minimized them to the corner of our vision. 

“Ready everyone?” questioned Graser, who had his own software open and minimized as well. Nods all around. “Alright, here we go! 3, 2, 1…”

I pressed record with my left hand.

“Hello everybody and welcome to a brand new series on all of our channels: Cube SMP, Pixel edition!” We all cheered, and Graser rotated so as to get us all in his clip. “As usual, not everyone was able to make it, but all the Cube members will be on this server as well as Cube and Cube Evolution.” To show my fans how cool Pixel was, I did a thumbs-up in front of my eyes/camera and waved my hands around, gesturing to the recording software and my hotbar. “Now I’m sure you’ve all heard of Pixel, but in case you haven’t, it’s a recently released program that allows the user to transport themselves inside the game itself. Now the Cube group managed to acquire one of the first ever servers of Pixel—” which was accompanied by more cheers. “--and here we are today! This is 0.0 and… yeah, that’s pretty much it for the intro clip! Anyone else have anything to say?”

“Thank you to the makers of Pixel for giving us this opportunity!” called Tomahawk from his position beside Grape and Rusher.

“Ah, yes! A huge thanks to the Pixel creators; this never would have happened without your help!” Even more cheers. “Anyways, we’ll see you guys in our own episodes! Bye bye!” We cheered as we all ended the intro clip.

We agreed to split up and continue to film our episodes afterwards. I glanced at the forest I had spotted in the distance when we first spawned and decided to go that direction, wondering what awesome things I would get to find and experience; this was already so cool as it was.

Minecraft, here I come.

I really like this chapter. It elaborates a bit more on what I imagine the virtualization process to be like, as well as what I imagine it would be like to be inside Minecraft.

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

Did Graser look how you expected him to? For me, my mental image was completely off, but I'm perfectly okay with that xD

Vote and comment for more! See you next time!

~Cherry