Chapter Eighteen

Hello everybody, and welcome back to Pixel! c:

Sorry this is up a few hours later than usual... I was stuck at the AT&T phone store after school today for two hours. We're trying to find a way to get my mom, dad and I new iPhones. I have a 3GS, so you could say I deserve something new after having this for two and a half years.

Anywho, this chapter is basically filler...sorry. I needed to have them figure out the way home before I could write the suspenseful chapters. I have so much planned for the last few...

Just a reminder that you have my little gift on Halloween to look forward to! ;D

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter, and to vote and comment for more. Enjoy!

S E A N  [ G R A P E ]

“You’re good to go,” announced Bayani, examining my leg without the splint. “The potion and apples did their work.”

“Finally,” I commented, rising carefully to my feet. My leg felt perfectly fine, and I grinned. “You’re a pretty good paramedic, Jordan.”

He shrugged. “Ash taught me most of it. The other stuff is just general Minecraft knowledge.” 

Ash had been cleared by Bayani two days ago, her arm completely healed. Graser, however, was still recovering, though his arm was doing much better than it had been. He sat on the couch across from us, arm still splinted, talking animatedly with Tomahawk and TYBZI.

“You think you’ll feel up to enderpearl practice later?” questioned Bayani, leaning against the chair I’d been sitting in.

I nodded. Ever since we’d collected a large amount of pearls, we’d been training to use them accurately. This meant learning how to throw them like a baseball and getting them to hit the correct spot. It wasn’t as easy as it looked, and I certainly wasn’t the best at it. I wasn’t nearly as bad as Straub, however, who almost never hit the target.

I sighed. “Our plan will keep us going for now, but we still have no clue how to get out of here. It feels like an endless circle.” I sat back down on the arm of the chair, crossing my arms and watching the trio across from us chatting away.

“Didn’t Ash say a while ago that the way to get out was to beat the game?” asked Bayani. “Though I’m not sure how to do that with Minecraft…”

Something clicked in my mind. Enderpearls. Beat the game. Suddenly, it all made sense. I jumped up so quickly that Bayani started and almost fell himself. “That’s it!”

“What? What?” He sounded eager, hopeful that I’d figured it out correctly.

I swung around to face him. “The Ender Dragon. Isn’t that the technical finish to the game?”

Bayani froze. “Oh my god, it is! Do you think beating it would work?”

“It makes sense.” I started pacing, running over details in my mind. “If we could take out the dragon, wouldn’t it stand to reason that the portal would take us home?”

A new, determined energy had overtaken him. “You’re a genius, Grape!” He darted out of the room, returning a moment later with Ash by his side.

Ash had been different lately. Stiffer, quieter, always lost in her own mind. But she appeared interested when she looked at me. “Bayani says you had an idea?”

I nodded and launched into my explanation, watching as her facial expression changed almost instantly.

“Grape,” she stated. “I think you just found the way out.”

“If it is,” cautioned Bayani. “It won’t be easy. It’ll be more dangerous than the nether, and look how that turned out. We’ll need tons of planning and training.”

A smile curved my mouth. “Let’s get started then, shall we?”

Like I said, very filler. And short. Sorry ^^ You have the next couple chapters to look forward to, though!

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

What your favorite app (if you have a smartphone/iPhone)? I need some new games to play, as I'm rather bored with mine, though BTD5 and Sonic Dash are still great.

Vote and comment for more! Until next time!

~Cherry