Chapter Nine.

Im so sorry it took so long to update. I had to watch my boyfriends dads neices kids. :p They are very well behaved, I might say. There's 3 of them. I got paid 40 a day and I got paid yesterday so I had 120. :P I splurged on my son. I got him 3 new PJ sets, 2 new cups and 3 new bath toys :P Hes so spoiled but I love him.

ANYWAYS getting off track here. So yeah and even if I COULD have updated, I probably wouldn't have, because I have a wicked burn on my hand. Like seriously. It hurts like fuck. I got it.... last week? I think? I burned the top of my hand on the inner edge of the oven trying to grab something out of it, and it STILL hurts. Its kinda gross... it's gotten bigger, and it's all red and puffy around the edges, and the inside part is all yellowy and hard. It hurts like hell.. but oh well. I miss you guys and I HAVE to update for you!!! I felt terrible :/ But yep so todays my day off, so here it is :) 

ENJOY, FEEDBACK, and dont forget to smile, my lovely cupcakes <3

ADELINE'S POV

"P-please c-call... the doct-tor," my mom wheezed, her head fell back, and her eyes rolled in the back of her head, as the O2 machines beeped erratically, and the heart monitor flat-lined.

The all-too-familiar dream-memory morphed with a swirl of gray fog into a vast, endless, white expanse. I couldn't distinguish a ceiling, or walls. There was no furniture, nothing. Just... white. 

"Adeline," I heard a familiar voice called softly. My eyes widened, and I slowly turned on the spot... and my tears promptly fell. "Oh, my sweet Adeline!"

"M-mama?" I trembled. There she stood... wearing a white, satin gown with intricate gold filigree swirling up from the hem, and the edge of the teardrop neckline adorned with diamonds. 

Her skin was smooth, and fair. Her smile was brilliant and white, and her golden eyes shined...

And her beautiful, wavy black hair hell to her back... hair that she had lost for years.

"Oh, Adeline... I've missed you so much!" she embraced me... and I truly felt it. I squeezed her close, my tears refreshing. 

"I miss you, mama," I cried. She rubbed my back, and whispered soothing sentiments. I sniffled, and pulled away. "What-what am I doing here?" I asked, looking around.

"I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you," she grinned. I smiled at her. 

"You... you've been watching me?" I whispered with a grin. She threw her head back and laughed. 

"Oh, sweetheart! What do you think I've been doing for 6 months? Painting my toenails?" she held my hands. I giggled. "Yes, of course I've been watching you, baby. And I am... at a loss of words for how proud I am of you. You're on your first tour... you're performing, you're living your dream. You are... astonishing, Adeline. You are such a gifted person, and I am so happy that you get to show the world what you've got! And your song for me... 'Memories'... is heartachingly beautiful, sweetheart. I am so touched that you did that for me," she told me, tearing up herself. 

"Oh, mama... thank you so much! I wish you were there with me... coming to our shows," I replied wistfully. She chuckled in the way only a mother could.

"Baby, I am always there. I watch all of your shows- I saw the one last night, and the day before. I will always be there for you, sweetheart," she caressed my cheek. I grinned joyfully, and put my hand on hers, leaning into it. Her touch... the feel of it began to fade. My eyes snapped open, and I looked at her questioningly. She sighed, and smiled sorrowfully.