Chapter 14.

ADELINE'S POV

"There's absolutely no point in eating Oreos if you're just going to peel it apart and lick the cream out!" I argued. Jacky roled his eyes and scoffed as Ronnie stood in the kitchen, sipping his coffee and watching us with an amused smirk. 

"Why not? That just gives you more to savor," he retorted. I crossed my arms.

"No. Just- no. The only right way to eat an Oreo is to dunk it in milk and shove the bitch down your throat, tasting nothing but HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE COOKIE!!!" I  replied adamantly. 

"Ok, ok! That's enough," Ryan spoke up from where he and Alexx were sitting on the couch. I smirked at Jacky and turned to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of Froot Loops. Mmm... Froot Loops. The only cereal better would be Cocoa Pebbles...

Cocoa Pebbles were the shizz, man. 

I leaned against the counter and ate my cereal, feeling Ronnie's eyes on me. I looked over at him mid-bite and stared at him.

"What?" I managed to get out. He just grinned.

"You, uh- you've got some milk on your chin there," he snickered. My eyes widened and I wiped my chin fervently. God, I probably looked like such a pig! How humiliating

"Haha, gotcha!" he snorted. I narrowed my eyes and rinsed my bowl out. I turned to him and smacked his arm before returning to the living area, where Alexx and Ryan were... sitting  quite close. First Marissa and Jacky, now them two? Damn. Well didn't I feel left out. 

You know what? I did feel left out.  Everyone got to be with who they wanted, and I was all alone. And it was in that moment that I realized that the person I wanted to be with... was Ronnie.

"Thank you, Raleigh!" I yelled into the mic after the show. "That was a great show, girls!" I told them as we joined the boys offstage.

"Good job, girls!" Ronnie grinned cockily. I felt myself blush, and internally scolded myself. Why was I acting to girly

"Thanks," I replied. I smoothed my black, short, cotton dress with a black waistband and black lace overlay and black lace neckline and sleeves. As we made our way to the bus, my feet started hurting from the black pumps I'd reborrowed from Marissa. 

What? I'd wanted to show a little leg off for Ronnie... sue me. When I'd caught him eyeing hem earlier, when we were on the couch about to leave and my legs were propped up a little, and he was biting his lip, I'd wanted to shove my tongue down his throat.

Buuuuut that probably would have creeped him out, so I kept my tongue to myself. 

We boarded the bus and I set Marissa's heels in Alexx's room, with the rest of Marissa's stuff. I re-entered the living area and plopped on the sectional as Alexx and Ryan headed to her room, and Jacky and Marissa huddled together on the couch. A pain set in my heart at the fact that Ronnie and I weren't doing that- and I really wanted to. I felt my mood dampen, and damned if it wasn't fitting that it started pouring down rain. 

As the water pelted down thunderously on the roof, Ronnie turned to say something to me, but his smile faltered as he saw my face. 

"What's wrong?" he asked intently. I shook my head and forced a smile. He couldn't find out how I feel about him... he's Ronnie Radke, for crying out loud. He wouldn't want to be with a nobody like me. So I kept my mouth shut.

"Oh, nothing, just... missing my mom," I lied, instantly feeling like shit for using her as an excuse. 

"Oh... okay," he furrowed his brows. I stood abruptly and headed to the room. I was getting drowsy- rain always did that to me, even though it was already a little past 4.