12 Days of Xmas: Day 5- Jelray

Jellal has always thought his life wanted to kill him, and now he's convinced Gray Fullbuster wants to as well. If Gray takes one more step onto the lake's thin ice Jellal is going to go into cardiac arrest.

-

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

"Don't go chicken on me Jellal. Have some fun for once." Gray told him, as he made his way down to the snow coated bank.

"Gray I don't think this is a very good idea..." Jellal followed after him on uncertain footing, eyeballing the frozen lake. "That ice doesn't look very thick."

Gray smirked as he made himself a pair of ice skates with his maker magic. "It's as thick as your ass so I'd say it's thick enough to hold me."

"Gray!" Jellal exclaimed, his cheeks flushing, the rosy color spreading down his neck and up to the tips of his ears.

Gray laughed and skated onto the ice without any further warning and Jellal almost had a heart attack.

"See? It holds." Gray did a twirl jump on the ice and Jellal yelped in a very undignified way. "Come one Jellal! Join me! It's not like we have anything live for."

Jellal crossed his arms and scowled, doing a very good imitation of a bird with it's feathers ruffled. "I don't wanna watch you get yourself killed, Fullbuster. Erza would have my head."

"And your dick." Gray cackled and Jellal blushed even further at the innuendo. Why were Fairy Tail mages so crude? At least his guild had some class, and it was made up of former criminals so that was saying something.

Gray skated back over to the shore, turning around with a flourishing turn. Show off. "Come skate with me Fernandes, I'll make it worth your while."

Jellal was not amused nor tempted by Gray's suggestions. "I highly doubt that."

"Then let me convince you." Gray jabbed a thumb at his bare chest, he had somehow lost his shirt while he was skating around like a show pony. He then smacked his fist against his open palm. "Ice make: skates!"

Jellal's height suddenly raised a few inches as ice made skates appeared around his boots. He glared at Gray. "I'm not going on that lake, and you should get off. We can do something else. Something safer. Like hot cocoa."

"I don't wanna be that stereotypical person. I actually wanna live a little." Gray stepped into the bank, taking Jellal's hands in his. Gray's hands were always freezing and they never failed to make Jellal squirm. "You're a mage Jellal, and a damn good one. What's the difference between the dangers of a fight and skating on a lake?"

"I can't win against a lake." Jellal stated dryly. "Remember what Ultear told us about running in forests? Trees always win."

"You can chop down a tree."

Jellal shot Gray a glare so cold he could've been mistaken for the ice mage.

"Okay fine." Gray dropped Jellal's hands and stepped back onto that godforsaken lake. "Be a wet blanket."

"You're gonna be the wet blanket if you fall into that lake. A wet blanket with hypothermia." Jellal watched as Gray went out even farther than before, his dark eyes taunting Jellal.

"I'm an ice mage. You can't kill me with cold."

"I wouldn't challenge the lake like that."

"What? You believe in that don't tempt fate bullshit? Nothing is gonna happen, Jellal." And just as Gray said that the ice under him cracked.