The Fault In Our Zach

- dedicated to MeganYegor for being my one hundredth follower! :) -

I think this chapter is a little too early, 'cause no one seems to have read the other one...hope you guys aren't getting bored...:0

Well here's your chappy!

-----------------

"Oh for goodness' sake," Zach said, then coughed. "You're-" he coughed again, doubling over. I frowned.

"You're what?" I asked.

"Probably just overreacting as usual," he finally completed with a little gasp.

"But..." I trailed, then shut my mouth. Forget it. He wouldn't listen anyway.

"What's for dinner?" I asked instead as he stood up and brushed off his knees.

"Some kind of bread with mushrooms in it," Zach replied, walking out of the room. I followed, tying up my hair.

"Hey," I said to Brenda as I sat down on the table. She nodded at me and Zach and put two plates in front of us. Then she arranged two warm bread slices in each.

"Eat up while it's nice and fresh," she said, ruffling Zach's hair, 'cause he hates it. I smirk at him and he glares at me, before coughing again.

"So..." Brenda said, sliding into the other seat. "How's it?"

I swallowed and gave her a thumbs up just as my bestie Abbily came in.

"Any food for me, Abbily, your daughter? Remember her?" the witch snapped with an eye roll.

"Abbily who?" Brenda asked, and Zach and I snickered. Abbily growled, cut herself a slice and stomped to the sofa grumpily. She kicked everything off then sprawled out on it. When she caught me watching she flicked up the finger.

"Hello," Farro's voice came, and I turned around. He was closing the door and thing a string to a hook to keep it closed. In a makeshift cloth bag were lots of coconuts spilling onto the floor.

"Whoops, sorry Ma," he said sheepishly, and bent down to pick them up.

"Hey," I greeted, and went to help him. Naturally Zach had to follow, because he is a very protective brother and cannot let me near psychopath killer Farro even for a second.

"Farro!" Brenda sighed. "Did you have to pick every coconut on this island? Where on earth am I gonna put all of these?"

Farro scratched his head. "I thought you said pick fifteen," he said.

"I said pick fifteen, not from fifteen," Brenda said, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. I laughed, and so did Zach.

Well...I thought he was laughing.

Am I really such a bad sister that I mistook clutching his stomach and gasping and wheezing for laughing?

"Z-Zach?" I asked unsurely. "Are you ok?"

"Zach, honey, what's wrong?" Brenda murmured worriedly, patting his back hard.

Zach just kept coughing, deep, throaty hacking coughs.

"Zach? Zach!" I began panicking. His face was turning bright red and he was choking and shaking violently.

"Zach!" I screamed, squeezing his arm.

Whew. Talk about muscle!

"Not so pretty now, are ya," Abbily drawled, and I lunged at her. She chuckled and hopped off the sofa too fast, arming herself with a vase. My eyes warmed up as I turned back to my brother.

He was crouching on the floor, coughing his life away.

"No!" I gasped, visualising what I just said. "Zach, stop, please stop! You're ok!" Tears readily streamed down my cheeks now, rolling fat and fast. God, after this tsunami I've cried so much!

"Zach!" I wailed. "Stop coughing!"

And he did.

After vomiting out some thick, clotted blood and collapsing in it.

I stared in shock as he lay limply in a dark, gooey mess. There was silence.

Then, Zach slowly lifted a red-stained finger and pointed it behind me. I turned around and a cold scream caught in my throat.

Brenda lay on the floor, a knife jammed into her chest.

She had stabbed herself.

Fainting couldn't have felt better.

-------------

Unexpected or what!?? D:

Well, spill out your thoughts!

Sorry this was such a rubbish chapter...it's also not proofread...sorry again...

Question: how do you feel about Brenda's death?

Well remember to

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

and STAY AMAZING!!!!

:) see ya!

Also please check out my new book My Name Is Madiha, for those of you who like Hollywood/Drama/Celebrities/and stories about Muslims in the west! ;) One Direction are in it too!