Epilogue

-dedicated to all you fabulous readers, who've stuck with me this whole time :) I can't thank you enough!!!-

Trailer by Ari_forev!!! :D

--------------

I stare at the ocean of blue ahead, quivering. Someone brushes my arm and comes to a stop beside me, then entwines their fingers with mine.

"Come on," Farro says softly. "A little bit of water can't hurt anyone."

I feel the blood drain out of my cheeks as I remember thrashing, shrieking, Zach throwing up, Jacob...it all comes flooding back to me.

"That's not how you deal with my sister," Zach scoffs, coming up. "Watch this!"

He punches my arm and pulls me around to face him. "You scared of the sea, when you beat a tsunami?" His voice is hard, and he's talking to me like he talks to the players in his team.

"I'm not scared..." my voice trails, and I bite my lip. Then I say it again, more confidently. "I'm not scared!"

"Good!" Zach slaps my arm again and steps onto the sand. "Come on, then!" He runs towards the water, then jumps in it. Farro smiles and takes off too.

"Liberty?" Abbily pipes up, walking up to me. Jazz is in her arms, sucking a tiny thumb.

"Yeah?" I reply, glancing at my sister-in-law. Unlike me, in a blue baggy t-shirt and white trousers that come up to my knees, she's wearing a more...revealing outfit.

"I'm gonna go for a swim, so do you mind taking Jazz?"

I'm secretly relieved to have a reason not to go in the water, so I nod eagerly, and tug my daughter from her. Then I tuck the rolled up mat under my arm, as well as an umbrella, and find a clear spot on the beach.

Minutes later, I've got the toys out for Jazz to play with, and I'm applying sun cream to her round cheeks. She makes a fuss at first, but then quiets down when I give her Farro's sunglasses to play with.

I lie down on my stomach and open up my book. The sun is warm and beats down on us, but the umbrella provides shade so I don't roast to death.

When I pass the fourth chapter, Farro comes, dripping all over, and breathing heavily.

"Gosh," he says, gulping down some water. "Does Zach have to be so good at everything?"

"He beat you in a race?" I say knowingly, and he nods.

"Hey, I'm gonna take Jazz so she can dip her feet and stuff," he adds before leaving. "Have you got spare diapers?"

"I've got spare nappies, yes," I reply, putting emphasis on the second last word. "We're British in this house!"

"We're not really in a house right now, but ok," Farro grins, then runs off with Jazz laughing on his shoulders.

I'm about to return to reading when Zach plops down beside me.

"Hey," he says.

I nod to acknowledge him.

"You haven't been in the water yet."

Uh oh.

"Zach Augustus Freedom, if you dare pick me up and throw me in the sea, I swear I will kill you!"

"Alright, alright!" Zach sighs. "Chill!"

"Hmph," I grunt, then turn the page of my book, just as my brother swipes it out of my hands.

"Hey!" I yelp. "Give it back!"

"Nope. We're here to have some family time," Zach smiles annoyingly. He lies down beside me, stuffing my book under his head.